Back to Cozumel in 3 days. Pray for clear weather please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Back to Coz for the second time this year and only 3 more days to go!!!!!!!! :D Cannot wait to get wet!!!!

Pray for great weather and safe travel for us please.......we don't want any hurricanes or tropical storms.......:no

We dove through TS Stanley last year in Cozumel. We had no idea it was coming through except for the hard rain. Even when it is raining, it is still nice under water. The only problem is when the Harbor Master closes the port. Have a great trip!

Thanks.....only 2 more days!

TheRedHead:
We dove through TS Stanley last year in Cozumel. We had no idea it was coming through except for the hard rain. Even when it is raining, it is still nice under water. The only problem is when the Harbor Master closes the port. Have a great trip!

Actually the center of Stan didn't come through Cozumel. It hit south of Tulum, actually 60 to 70 miles away from Cozumel. We did have some rain from it...but as TS's go...it was relatively far away...just some outer rain bands.

If your week is anything like ours was last week:
the mornings are beautiful, then the afternoons had thunderstorms most everyday from about 2:00 to 5:00 and then beautiful nights.
Have a great trip.

We weren't even aware of Stanley and only knew it was raining hard enough to flood the streets. I'm sure if a TS passed directly over Cozumel, it would affect the diving. But if you were diving in the Keys, you might get evacuated 4 days in advance. I've had it happen twice.

For those interested in Cozumel weather, Liquid Blue Divers has the latest weather on their website: www.liquidbluedivers.com

This week has had great weather here. Only one rain and it was much appreciated since it has been hot. Hopefully you will have the same.

There is a nice little and affordable restaurant across from Christy's new shop...good for lunch and more.

Help the Cozumel Humane Society out when you are here. They do a great job.

Not that it matters but it looks like my last dive here tomorrow will be my 100th. What a way to go! Wish CC was here to help me celebrate, maybe Pedro & Mago will help.

Oh, Mago found a black durgeon / triggerfish on the beach at "Abandoned Beach" during our interval. It was covered in sand but still alive; it looked dead to me. It was up by the tree line, maybe 50' from the water. He put it in the water moved it around, took it out and removed some of the sand, put it back in and moved it along the water in a swimming motion. He did this for about five minutes or more, couldn't really tell because we were all encouraging him (and the fish). Well, the fish started to move and eventually swam off! Hector es el santo de los pescados!

My dive buddy is staying for another 5 weeks...what a dog....a lucky dog. I guess it is time to drag myself out for a night dive now......

Nevis Diver:
This week has had great weather here. Only one rain and it was much appreciated since it has been hot. Hopefully you will have the same.

There is a nice little and affordable restaurant across from Christy's new shop...good for lunch and more.

Help the Cozumel Humane Society out when you are here. They do a great job.

Not that it matters but it looks like my last dive here tomorrow will be my 100th. What a way to go! Wish CC was here to help me celebrate, maybe Pedro & Mago will help.

Oh, Mago found a black durgeon / triggerfish on the beach at "Abandoned Beach" during our interval. It was covered in sand but still alive; it looked dead to me. It was up by the tree line, maybe 50' from the water. He put it in the water moved it around, took it out and removed some of the sand, put it back in and moved it along the water in a swimming motion. He did this for about five minutes or more, couldn't really tell because we were all encouraging him (and the fish). Well, the fish started to move and eventually swam off! Hector es el santo de los pescados!

My dive buddy is staying for another 5 weeks...what a dog....a lucky dog. I guess it is time to drag myself out for a night dive now......

Glad you are having a great time!!! Be there in 2 days and hopefully the weather stays just as nice! Have a safe trip home.

Leaving tomorrow!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom