Congrats Nevis Diver on #100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I hope it was a good one...sorry I wasn't there to help celebrate in person...but I'm with you in spirit :)

Christi:
I hope it was a good one...sorry I wasn't there to help celebrate in person...but I'm with you in spirit :)

Hey! I did my 100th with Pedro back in June. ;-) (...and forgot to go nekkid too... probably a good thing just as well!)

I'm counting the days 'till I get to dive-in beneath the waves of Coz again. Hopefully in January. You'll be the first to know, Christi!

bnajdrovsky:
Hey! I did my 100th with Pedro back in June. ;-) (...and forgot to go nekkid too... probably a good thing just as well!)

I'm counting the days 'till I get to dive-in beneath the waves of Coz again. Hopefully in January. You'll be the first to know, Christi!

You didn't let us know until after the fact :)

Wow! What a week. Only saw another group under the water twice and was able to quickly remove ourselves to another area on the reef. The weather was beautiful, but a bit hot. The crew of the Shamu / Bandida II was a real treat. These guys are as nice and as fun as it gets.They just seem to be warm, caring and capable people who enjoy what they are doing and who they are doing it with.

It was nice being able to dive my computer, and on my 100th which was Chankanaab Bolognes the current was as gentle as a mother holding her child and we really took our time exploring the coral formations as well as the sand "barons". ;-)

The dive was memorable because I was hovering, (practically motionless for a change) and looking into a hole in the coral about 10' wide and about 12" deep at a pretty big banded coral shrimp. I was just hanging there enjoying the view of the coral; shrimp when from inside the hole from the right, here comes this baby green moray about 5" long out of a small crevice. It's mouth was about 15 cm long. It was a beautiful site and a wonderful dive. I could not have asked for a better group of divers to be with, Jake, Frances and Robby. Arturo, Adan and Mago (and Christi behind the scenes) made the interval really nice. I can't beleive she makes divers do that for a 100th dive. Good thing we had all become friends.

That night was the Mexican Independence Day celebration. The party started at 11 PM and the fireworks were better than anything I have seen in the states. Great way to start the end of the day which finally stopped at around 4 AM.

It's only been 23 hours since my last dive and I can still feel the boat swaying. I woke up once during the night and could feel the gentle currents moving across me......only a dream but come November, a reality.

Nevis Diver:
... here comes this baby green moray about 5" long out of a small crevice. It's mouth was about 15 cm long.

15 cm? I think not. Try 15 mm !

Back
Top Bottom