Cruising Cozumel 9/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mincho

Reaction score
My wife and I will be going to Coz on a cruise on 9/23 and i was wondering if there were any other scubaboarders that were interested in sharing a charter. We are both Advanced, competent divers and we have both dove recently. We are looking to take at least 2 dives and maybe a little more advanced dive than the ships shore excursion. By the way we will be on a Carnival cruise out of Mobile, AL. Thank you

Have you tried looking on www.cruisecritic.com's boards? They have roll calls there. Click on Carnival, then the Holiday, and search for your date. That's the best way to find others on your sailing who might be interested in sharing a charter.

Ditto what Amber said. We were able to meet up with 10 other divers that were on our cruise, and dove every day with two of the couples we met. The others were extremely advanced divers, and went off to do some "extreme" diving. We were all in contact through cruisecritic.com for a few weeks before the cruise, and arranged for our own boat, which waited for us to get off the ship. All of us had a great time, and walked away with new friends, and lasting memories.

There are pro's and cons to going on the ship's excursions. Princess does offer some advanced diving excursions, and they are owned by Carnival, so maybe they do the same trips. Have you read the excursion brochure? Do you know you can book on line before you leave home?

Send me a PM if you have any cruising, or diving with ship excursion questions. We've taken 14 cruises, and have definitely formed opinions! :D

Thank you very much for the responses. I have tried cruisecritic.com but have not yet posted there. I will have to try that. This will be our first cruise but I already have pre-formed opinions of the ships shore excursions. We are not really very touristy and would rather get out to see more of the backroads local stuff than stay herded with the other passengers

Back
Top Bottom