Best Lobster Dinner in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Zimmerly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any thoughts on where to get the best lobster tail dinner (melted butter and lemon) in Coz would be appreciated. Yes, I know of Christi's guide but it doesn't mention who prepares the best lobster tail in town.

Thanks in advance

Dave (aka "Squirt")

28 days till Coz

I have had lobster at many locations in Coz. My favorite is Prima. broiled 1/2lb tail, steamed veggies, your choice of homemade pasta, home made rolls.........220 pesos.........oh, and the best key lime pie I have ever had!!!!!!! mmmmmmm, now Im hungry.

I always go to Primas for grilled lobster tail. They make their own pasta at Primas too. Show up hungry cause it's filling.

I also like La Lobsteria, since it's one of the oldest buildings in town and has a funky vibe, and they do make a tasty margarita.

Dave Zimmerly:
Any thoughts on where to get the best lobster tail dinner (melted butter and lemon) in Coz would be appreciated. Yes, I know of Christi's guide but it doesn't mention who prepares the best lobster tail in town.

Thanks in advance

Dave (aka "Squirt")

28 days till Coz

Like in many other inquiries, there is no "best", but the Lobster House north of town has really good lobster. It's sold by weight, so you pick the one you want , they weigh it to tell you how much it will cost, and then they grill it for you in garlic and butter.

It's a rustic little place, candlelit and thatched, surrounded by a paddock where geese roam free. They say that the geese are better than dogs about raising a ruckus if someone tries to sneak in after hours.

ggunn:
Like in many other inquiries, there is no "best", but the Lobster House north of town has really good lobster. It's sold by weight, so you pick the one you want , they weigh it to tell you how much it will cost, and then they grill it for you in garlic and butter.

There is another restaurant right next to The Lobster House with a more extensive menu (name escapes me), they are somehow related... you can go to this one and still order the lobster from The Lobster House. Oh... bring your camera :D lot's of good photo ops in and around these 2 places.

As much as it pains me to say it, Prima does squeek past Lobster House & La Lobsteria in my opinion. Each place has it's charm though.

Lobster House - quiet and away from the hustle & bustle, definitely "atmospheric". You pick your tail here
La Lobsteria - Nice place, but can get loud as they had a band last time I was there. You pick your tail here too
Prima - Almost always crowded and sometimes filled with "loudtalkers". I don't buy into "the best Italian" because if you live in an even moderately sized city your local joint will be better... but as stated before, they do a killer Lobster Tail (and seafood pasta).

Dave Zimmerly:

Thanks in advance

Dave (aka "Squirt")

28 days till Coz

It's because I can't afford to eat Lobster :D Serioulsy, I've only had it at Prima (thanks Jeff & Mia), French Quarter and La Choza...and I have to say Prima wins hands down. They know how to cook lobster to perfection!

Christi:
...and I have to say Prima wins hands down. They know how to cook lobster to perfection!
R.I.P. Mesa 17... Their Lobster Pad Thai was by far the best cooked lobster ever (and the Pad Thai wasn't too shabby either) :wink:

Christi:
It's because I can't afford to eat Lobster :D Serioulsy, I've only had it at Prima (thanks Jeff & Mia)
We'll see you soon. Well, hmmm... eventually. Before May anyway! :10:

Any new pics of the office?

Moodiejeff:
Any new pics of the office?

Christi's new shop is really nice as are the pictures. You know, with her there, Misha there, the tube (actually flat panel) and the a/c, if she had beer and popcorn, we would have rarely left ! :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom