SBers dinner Oct. 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loudives

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We would like to meet any other SBers for dinner next Sunday Oct 8th. MONTANAGAL(Debbie & Dennis) will be there with us.

The plan is meet at La Mission on 30th ave. about 6pm. Cocktails and dinner then head to the Plaza for Sunday night entertainment. We did this last Feb. and met some wonderful SBers.

If you would like to join us drop me a pm so I can let the restaurant know about how many will show. If you want give me your last names and hotels and I leave a reminder at your hotel Sat or Sunday.

Please respond by 4pm CST this Thursday the 5th as I am on the Big Bird early on the 6th. Then at the Reef Club till the 11th.

Lets all have fun!!

Lou & Nancy Desruisseaux

Is that the La Misson that is the good one? I remember 5 years ago that the place was on an east/west street just west of 15 ave near the Sonora Grill. Best food I've had on the island. Friends went to Coz last year and ate at Sonora because they couldn't find the Misson.
Nan

Nope,that's not the same one. He's talking about the one 3 blocks east of north/south running 15th, 30 Ave. Norte...just off of Juarez and north a bit (a few doors down from San Francisco grocery) on the west side of the street. Has Parrilla Mission on the sign.

Good food and great prices.

Wish I was going to be able to make it.

Sorry if I butted in. :wink:

Sorry, Mamanan, the reason your friends couldn't find La Mission is because it has never been located where you describe. Technically there are 3 La Missions, and none have ever been there. The La Mission for this dinner is on 30 Avenida (also known as Pedro Joaquin Coldwell Avenida) between Calle 2 and Calle 4.

I might be there, but can't commit just yet!

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

Coz Sally:
Sorry, Mamanan, the reason your friends couldn't find La Mission is because it has never been located where you describe. Technically there are 3 La Missions, and none have ever been there.

Are you sure about that? It seems to me that 10-15 (maybe 20?) years ago there was one there as he described. Isn't the actual mission site right there cattycorner across from Sonora?

Well, I've only been living here for 8 and a half years, and visited Cozumel just three years prior to that, so I can't speak for what might have been there before that time. Mamanan remembers (incorrectly, I'm afraid) that La Mission was there 5 years ago, and that's what I was addressing. I should have been more specific, my apologies.

What was there for some time was an advertisement for La Mission painted on the cement wall diagonally across from Sonora. It's an excellent location for "wall advertising" as it is visible by the southbound traffic on 15 Avenida as well as eastbound traffic on Juarez.

The actual property has, for many years, housed a group of squatters living among crumbling walls that are frequently mistaken for ancient Mayan ruins. :11:

I will try to make it as well...but can't commit yet :) That's still five days off...haha!

Coz Sally:
Well, I've only been living here for 8 and a half years, and visited Cozumel just three years prior to that, so I can't speak for what might have been there before that time. Mamanan remembers (incorrectly, I'm afraid) that La Mission was there 5 years ago, and that's what I was addressing. I should have been more specific, my apologies.

I'm pretty sure I can remember being able to see a La Mission location from the Sonora windows, across the street and a bit closer to the water, but it would have been a lot longer than 5 years ago. Actually, now that I think about it, the last time I can specificially remember it being there would have had to have been more than 12 or 13 years ago (I have been going to Cozumel since 1978), but I could also be totally wrong. My mind is going, Dave. Daisy, Daisy....

Don't know if it is the same owner or not. You are right, there was a restaurant on Juarez between 10 and 15 on the south side of the street and it was called La Mission. The place closed about 5 years ago and the building was torn down. They had the best surf & turf on the island. Don't know why it closed but someone said it had to do with the building owner and restaurant owner not playing nice.

Anyway this La Mission is on 30 just beyond the supermarket and has great food at a reasonable price. It is also open on Sunday evenings.

Back
Top Bottom