Cozumel Choices -- help me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ehrmanna

Registered
Reaction score
I am spending a long weekend with a friend in Playa del Carmen in 2 weeks. I am going to head down earlier to do some diving in Cozumel. Since I am alone and on a budget, I've kinda narrowed down my (many, many) choices to:

Blue Angel/Carib Blu

Dive with Martin/Vista Del Mar

I know there are a million dive options in Cozumel but I am forgetting an obvious choice?

Remember I am single, alone, not flush with cash, bringing no gear and LOVE to dive. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Blue XT Sea / Casa Mexicana

We just did that this weekend and I don't know how it could have been better. If Christi has the openings, that's the way to go, imo.

If you do not want to stay in a hotel try the condo called Casa Martillo (just google the name), we find it to be a bit less than a hotel and very quiet but you can walk to town. We have stayed there many times and have been happy. When we were there in September, our "neighbors" for the week dove with DWM and were happy. We dove with Albatros and loved it. Lots of good OPs in Cozumel..to many choices and lots of advice!

Dive with Martin is awesome! Just did 15 dives with them last month. All gear is free at no charge if you book at least a 2 day package. Very well put together OP. Dive with DM Orlando if you get a choice.

ehrmanna:
Remember I am single, alone, not flush with cash, bringing no gear and LOVE to dive. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I would go with Caribe Blu and Blue Angel, but it's $80 for one person per room...or two. And you don't have two.

Try hotel Pepita, or hotel Aguilar, and Sea Scuba op...or Blue Angel for an op. Never dove with DWM but I hear they are great.

You can find the websites...just google or something. :D

Just my 02's hermano.

If you get your dive opp chosen first don't forget to ask where they reccomend. When we went down in Jan. Albtross charters directed us to thier friends one room B&B and it was awesome. We would have never know about it if we hadn't asked them for suggestions on where to stay that fit our price range.

i stayed at vista Del Mar in August and lived it. great location, clean rooms and good service. We dove with Blue xt Sea also very good.

ehrmanna:
I am spending a long weekend with a friend in Playa del Carmen in 2 weeks. I am going to head down earlier to do some diving in Cozumel. Since I am alone and on a budget, I've kinda narrowed down my (many, many) choices to:

Blue Angel/Carib Blu

Dive with Martin/Vista Del Mar

I know there are a million dive options in Cozumel but I am forgetting an obvious choice?

Thanks!

Both of your choices are good ones....I don't think you will be disapointed in either one...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom