Hotel Cozumel location??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark01

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone describe where the Hotel Cozumel Dive Resort is located along the west coast of Cozumel?? Is it north or south of town?? How far? I've been going to Google Earth and searching the west side trying to locate where it is based on a picture of the resort from a website, but not having much luck..

TIA

Mark

Just south of town (not that far really from what I remember) and yes on the west coast.

I've never stayed there but have passed it on my visits to Coz.

MarkW

welcome

If you post this in the Cozumel section, you'll quickly receive an answer!
ScubaBoard > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > Mexico. Sub-forum Cozumel
You may want to type in Hotel Cozumel in the search box (upper right).
good luck, and enjoy the diving.

I stayed there in 2004 when I went on my first dive trip. Very nice hotel, great diving and walking distance to "town" for shopping or eating. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Routinely walk from there to town, about a 30-45 walk to the square. $2 Taxi ride.

In Google Earth, it's right on the edge of a cloud. 20 degrees 29' 54.59 N, 86 degrees, 57' 38.11 W puts you over the pool.

It's a nice place to stay in Coz. You walk across the street in the am to get on the Dive Paradise boats, and in town is about a 30 minute walk to several restaurants. The pool is a nice place to hang out afternoons and um....off-gas...or whatever you want to call it. :) The rooms are decent. Not fancy but certainly adequate for your needs. We did the all inclusive option but often walked into town for dinner. We usually grabbed a cab home due to the amount of....uhmmm..off-gassing we did at dinner. :)

You can walk to the beginning of downtown in 15 minutes at a normal pace. Stayed there 4 times now and have really enjoyed it.

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

randyjoy:
Routinely walk from there to town, about a 30-45 walk to the square. $2 Taxi ride.

In Google Earth, it's right on the edge of a cloud. 20 degrees 29' 54.59 N, 86 degrees, 57' 38.11 W puts you over the pool.

It's much closer than that. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to walk from the hotel to the square, and the cab fare is actually $4 to town as you cross a zone. Each zone crossing is roughly $2

Also, any dive of your choice can pick you up at the hotel pier. You are not obligated to dive with the onsite operation.

I personally think Hotel Cozumel is to far from town. I run a few miles almost daily so it is not an in shape thing. If I was going to eat in town I would definitely take a cab. The best thing, for me, about Hotel Coz is that if you do morning and afternoon dives, the restaurant by the pool is unbeatable for lunch if you can get used to the pool games and associated public address noise. The breakfast is also good before your daily dive. Rooms are slightly above average. The wireless internet is for the birdss. If more than one person is on it doesn't seem to work. After my November trip which I am already committed to, I doubt I will ever stay there again. Not that it is really bad, it is just that there are better places to stay and dive from.

Sorry to disagree with Nevis diver but the hotel is not that far. I am 5'9 and 265 not in shape at all, as many on this board can attest, and I have walked to the Plaza and beyond many times. Exactly 12 min. to the Plaza from HC and 21 from Caribe Blue which is farther south. Last Feb I and other SBers walked from CB to town every night for dinner--none of us have any shortage of extra pounds-- and found it a delightful walk.

I just returned from Cozumel yesterday boo-hoo, and the rain stopped on Sunday morn and we all had a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom