Water Temp and Vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meg

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Chuck and I are thinking about trying to get to our favorite island on the planet in late November or early December, if we can work it out.
I know the current is picking up at that time and air temps are a bit cooler. What about water temps and visibility? I'm sure both are quite different from when we were dove Cozumel a few months ago.

Thanks for any info you can share!

Meg and Chuck

Actually, the currents are typically stronger in late summer/early fall than in the winter months.

Water temp will be 78 - 80ish and vis in the 80 to 100ft range...it's the same pretty much all year round other than the few degrees difference in water temp...and of course surface temps.

Frankly it shouldn't disappoint you. The best comaprison I can make it from my trip there in January 2005. Daytime temps were about 80-82 degrees. Night time was about 70. Water temps ran just at 78-79 degrees faranheit. Visibility was the usual 100' or in a few cases "how far can I see". I could see so far I couldn't really put a number on it.

Does this help?

I've been there 26 times, 3 times in early Dec and found the surface temps and humidity about the most perfect. Water temp about 80 vis 100-150 with currents just a bit faster than other times. But of course Mother Nature has the only say in such things.
I will be there again Dec 1-6 for another perfect dive vacation.

Lou

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom