Car rentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffestpirate

Reaction score
We're coming at the end of this week for 8 days. We want to rent a car while we're there. Does anyone have any tips? We would like to be as frugal as possible.
Thank you,
Chris

From reading other boards and gathering up info, we are planning on renting from Isis Rentadora end of November for our trip
http://www.islacozumel.net/services/isis/
seems like a good fair price from a localy owned place....with all insurance's included. Have heard they maintain their cars very well.

ffestpirate:
We're coming at the end of this week for 8 days. We want to rent a car while we're there. Does anyone have any tips? We would like to be as frugal as possible.
Thank you,
Chris

Less Pay is a good place to rent. A tip: after they (any rental place) quote you a rate on what you want to rent, ask them "Is that your best price?" Last time I did that, they cut 20%. It doesn't hurt to ask.

We used Isis Rentadora in September, clean VW sedan, all insurances $210. for 7 days. Picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. Most other rental companys will quote you a low rate w/o insurance but IMHO you should have Mexican Insurances which will drive the price up.

ggunn:
Less Pay is a good place to rent. A tip: after they (any rental place) quote you a rate on what you want to rent, ask them "Is that your best price?" Last time I did that, they cut 20%. It doesn't hurt to ask.

We rented from these guys also in May and got a very good rate, he even gave us the discount without asking :wink: They are located in that little strip by the Hotel Barracuda.

Also take it from someone who has had an accident down there in a rental car, get ALL the insurance offered, even if your credit card or current car insurance covers rental cars, it will be well worth the $25 for liability and collision vs. spending a day of your precious vacation down a the police station dealilng with it.

sharky60:
We rented from these guys also in May and got a very good rate, he even gave us the discount without asking :wink: They are located in that little strip by the Hotel Barracuda.

Also take it from someone who has had an accident down there in a rental car, get ALL the insurance offered, even if your credit card or current car insurance covers rental cars, it will be well worth the $25 for liability and collision vs. spending a day of your precious vacation down a the police station dealilng with it.

In a related story... sort of:

I went to New Orleans a few years ago to visit my sister, and I rented a car at the airport. I tried to decline their overpriced insurance, but the woman at the desk told me that in "this city" it was required of all their customers. Later, when arranging to return it after hours, I said, "Well, since I have your insurance which covers me for everything, I'll just plow it into that light pole out front when I'm done with it." She was not amused. ;^)

http://www.cancunrentacar.com/ I went to this place on line and somehow it turned into America Rental Car, they met me at the ferry in Playa de Carmen after coming from Cozumel. Went to their office and did all paper work and was off. Price was a little cheaper than others.
My only complaint was on the return, they don't have an official office at the Cancun Airport, so I had to 'run around' asking who these people were, finally they showed up in front and we did the final checkout. They nixed me on some gas, otherwise they were OK! Careful driving down their!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom