Current Water Temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bertschb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm heading to Cozumel tomorrow (SCC). Based on past experience I'm guessing the water temps will be around 83 degrees. Can anybody here verify what the water temps are right now? I just want to make sure I bring the right suit.

Thanks
Brian

bertschb:
I'm heading to Cozumel tomorrow (SCC). Based on past experience I'm guessing the water temps will be around 83 degrees. Can anybody here verify what the water temps are right now? I just want to make sure I bring the right suit.

Thanks
Brian

Dive Paradise keeps current weather & water on their home page, according to that current water temp is 79 degree F.

For more complete Cozumel weather, see wunderground

Enjoy,

Blue Moon

Returned home from coz on tuesday. Dove till sunday, every dive logged 85* water temps.

79 sounds really low for this time of year, and from what I understand temps are up this year. I'd expect 82-84. 85 sounds a little high to me; sometimes my computer registers temps a degree or two higher than other divers' on the same dive. But, it's certainly possible scrambulleggs is accurate. With those kinds of temps in November it's pretty fortunate there have been no (I can't even say the h-word).

mattboy:
...79 sounds really low for this time of year...

My GF has little natural insulation so it is hard for her to stay warm on multiple dives... We have been watching temp reports posted from the past few weeks trying to decide how much protection to bring for her for our upcoming trip....

79 seemed believable to me as it was only 1 degree south of Christi's last report of 80 on her homepage. That said, I was surprised by rainmakers trip report for 4-11 October that he posted on 16 October.... He recorded water temps from 76-85 F, I asked if he dove a Cenote when I saw the report of 76 degree water temps... He said no, that the low temp was recorded on Balcones with a max depth of 73 feet....

We are packing my GF's full 3mm, core warmer and her beanie... I'll be OK in my 3mm... I hope it is warm but I also hope nothing spins up...

Blue Moon

The water temps have normally been 83-85 per my computer. But there are days after a rain that you run into areas of fresh water that is in the 76-79 range.

We actually did hit a few fresh water pockets. One of our safety stops the visibility went from 100 to 2' in a second. I was told it could be from underground streams or something like that. You really could feel the temp drop then too.

My last day in Cozumel was Thursday the 19th, my Mosquito computer was showing a consistent 84 F. temp at depth nearly all the time.

I was in Cozumel over the weekend (flew back on Monday, 10/24) I just checked my computer and the temperature was 82-85 on all dives except for Palancar Horseshoe on Saturday where my computer got a temperature of 80. So maybe Dive Paradise is getting the temperature somewhere out off the wall.

Jinjer:
I was in Cozumel over the weekend (flew back on Monday, 10/24) I just checked my computer and the temperature was 82-85 on all dives except for Palancar Horseshoe on Saturday where my computer got a temperature of 80. So maybe Dive Paradise is getting the temperature somewhere out off the wall.

Thanks Jinjer and everyone with the current reports! Lydia is feeling warmer already... I may not have to run out and get that 7/5 for her after all...:11:

Blue Moon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom