Cenote Questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

harpua

Contributor
Reaction score
Cenote Questions.

After several searches on the forum, I still have a few questions about cenote diving on the mainland. Sorry if I am going over material that has been covered already, but I got tired of looking through irrelevant posts for the info I want. Anyway, here are my questions...

If anyone has booked cenote trips with both Cozumel shops and mainland shops, which would you prefer and why? Has anyone used Blue Angel in the last year? I would love to here about any Cenote trips taken. Most of my calendar is full, but I have one open day, and a few open afternoons. I am assuming that this kind of trip would be an early start from the island in order to ferry across, but if there are afternoon trips out there please let me know.

Before I get a bunch of posts advising me to contact Dive Operations for info, I already have, awaiting response. Thanks a bunch you crazy S.B. Cozumel Nutz!

Drove to "Hidden Worlds" payed for my dive and went diving. Why do you need to pay someone else to take you there?

Matt from Blue Angel was trying to get a group together to go to the Mainland when I was there in Feb. I had indicated I would be willing to go, but he wasn't able to pull enough like-minded divers together during the time I was going to be diving. It's not something they do every day and they need a certain number to make it worthwhile. So while you may have some time in your schedule, it still might not happen (unless you start cheerleading early in your trip!).

harpua:
Cenote Questions.

Has anyone used Blue Angel in the last year?

MMM:
Matt from Blue Angel was trying to get a group together to go to the Mainland when I was there in Feb. I had indicated I would be willing to go, but he wasn't able to pull enough like-minded divers together during the time I was going to be diving. It's not something they do every day and they need a certain number to make it worthwhile. So while you may have some time in your schedule, it still might not happen (unless you start cheerleading early in your trip!).

I made that trip with Matt year before last, and it was well worth it. Matt is an excellent cave diver with mucho experience; we could not have been in better hands. True, we could have just taken the ferry across and arranged it ourselves, but it was worth it to just put ourselves in Matt's capable hands throughout the experience.

In April we went with Manta Divers http://www.caverndivingmexico.com/cenotediving.htm
And I can't recommend them enough. They picked us up at the ferry in PDC, we did 2 dives at Dos Ojos, then to a restaurant with some really good food (included in the price) where they hooked a video camera up to the big screen TV and got to watch ourselves diving while we ate. They had 2 guides, Leif and Alex, who were great, and they sent a thrid person to watch over belongings in the car to make sure nothing went missing. Great operation and I would definitely use them again.

Did my cenote dives (Dos Ojos and Bat Cave) with Leif from Manta Divers out of Cancun
Highly reccommended, must do dives when in the area.

Jeez Shaka,

perhaps to handle logistical support, provide insightful local knowlege, smooth things over with the locals and avoid tourist traps for the unwary,ensure that the cave monsters and demons dont ge him...

I dunno... to make it a holiday rather than a hassle..

yak:
I haven't (and wouldn't) book a cenote trip from Coz. I highly recommend Dennis from Diablo Divers. He'll pick you up at the ferry in PDC and take you to any cenote you want.

I agree with YAK Dennis from Diablo divers is who I would recommend. Did two dives with him last year. Awesome experience. May take my Cavern course with him this year.
Kelly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom