Cozumel weather in Dec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenny Spunk

Registered
Reaction score
Probably sounds like a silly question but does anybody know what the weather should be like in 6 weeks or so as it appears to be raining every day at the moment.

And I could do with a bit of sunshine :14:

When I was getting ready to go there 2 weeks ago, i looked at the weather channel on teh computer daily. It showed bad thunderstorms and rain for everyday prior and every day we would be there. Well we got there and the most we had was maybe 20 minutes of rain on a couple of days. After the 20 minutes it all dried up and was great weather again. This whole time the weather channel was still saying thunderstorms.

I say don't worry to much. Even if there is some rain you will be underwater for most of it:)

Kenny Spunk:
Probably sounds like a silly question but does anybody know what the weather should be like in 6 weeks or so as it appears to be raining every day at the moment.

According to the Weather Channel and Wunderground, right? Not to worry; when they say "Thunderstorms" of "Chance of thunderstorms", that usually translates to a few small t'storm cells wandering around in the area that might rain on you for a few minutes once in a while.

The thunderstorms shbould be over and temperatures should be pleasant day and night. It could even get cool if an early northern front out of Canada reaches down that far. A light jacket could be in order. When are you going? My wife and I, along with another couple, will be at the Occidental Grand on 1-8 Dec and diving with BlueXT.

Normally temps will be 75-85F daytime. Evenings will be 68-75F maybe an occasional north wind to cool things to 62-68 at night. Rainy season will be over but may still get a short storm. Storms move quickly and if your there for 4 days or more you might get half a day of storms.

We will be there DEC 1-6

Lou & Nancy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom