Black Tip Reef Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluewatertoy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I will be going back to Cozumel for our 4th. trip there in January. I have seen quite a few posts lately about divers spotting these beauties and was wondering if anyone knows if they are making a comeback to the island, have always been there and missed them, or are they Wilma related. Hopefully some of them will still be around in January.
Thanks for any info
Kelly

We were just there last week and we ran into a school of little ones...'bout 4 to 5 feet long. Swimmed like hell to get a closer look but lost them. We were close to the end of the dive. Did twelve dives that week and just one encounter.

There have in fact been semi-regular sightings lately, but I woldn't call them Wilma related...it's been more than a year now.

Christi:
There have in fact been semi-regular sightings lately, but I woldn't call them Wilma related...it's been more than a year now.

Christi, what about Bull Sharks? Have there been more sightings of them? I hope not.

bluewatertoy:
My wife and I will be going back to Cozumel for our 4th. trip there in January. I have seen quite a few posts lately about divers spotting these beauties and was wondering if anyone knows if they are making a comeback to the island, have always been there and missed them, or are they Wilma related. Hopefully some of them will still be around in January.
Thanks for any info
Kelly

Took you long enough to post this!

Ronnie

Speak of the sharks...

My divers saw three black tips during the safety stop today at Palancar Caves.

They also saw dolphins on the safety stop on the second dive at San Francisco reef!

Quite the day!

Christi:
Speak of the sharks...

My divers saw three black tips during the safety stop today at Palancar Caves.

They also saw dolphins on the safety stop on the second dive at San Francisco reef!

Quite the day!

Awesome Christi! Tell them to stick around for a few weeks, we'll be right down!

Mark

Ron Brandt:
Took you long enough to post this!

Ronnie

Some of us don't sit in front of our PC all day as our job. LOL

Friends of mine are there now and have also reported the black tips. I havent heard of bulls other than last March over by Playa near the Turtle & Tarpin site.

Make sure you herd them up Christi. Keep them there until January.
Kelly

Back
Top Bottom