3 adults and a 1 yr old baby go to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
I havn't been to Cozumel since before the storm. I'm taking my non-diving wife, diver daughter and son-in-law and 1 year old grandson in March. With a baby I think an
AI would be less work for all concerned.

What's the situation with AIs now? What's best [other than Scuba Club] since the rebuild?

Lawman:
I havn't been to Cozumel since before the storm. I'm taking my non-diving wife, diver daughter and son-in-law and 1 year old grandson in March. With a baby I think an
AI would be less work for all concerned.

What's the situation with AIs now? What's best [other than Scuba Club] since the rebuild?

Best in what way? The Palace is very nice, from what I have heard, but expensive. It's also close to/in town, which is good for shopping forays and ventures to eateries. The Presidente has re-opened, by Christi's account, and it has an AI option I believe. The more southerly AI's are a bit more rustic and very far from town. What, other than AI, are you looking for?

You might check into El Cantil condos, too--it might work out cheaper than paying for 4 at an AI (unless air/hotel packages work out better for you). You could get a 2 BR, you'd have a full kitchen and they're right across from the grocery store, which is very important since you'll have an infant! :)

http://www.elcantilcondos.com/

Reef club is a 3+ to 4 star nice but not fancy. You can go to dinner buffet in shorts and t-shirt or dress up . Family atmosphere. If you go out of Detroit, Funjet will have good prices.
There is a web site that sells vouchers that give you discounts I think it is www.reefclubresort.com you can get a 7 night hotel room for 225 plus 45 per person per night AI fee. That would be 630+225= 855 for 2 AI plus your air, (500 each) or about 1855 per couple.

MARCH IS SPRING BREAK MONTH so prices will be higher than normal and you better book soon.

All the airlines and the charters have cut the number of flights to Coz and Cancun making it a sellers market. The high school and college kids will fill up the Cancun flights then spill into the Cozumel flights just to get down. The Teachers and divers will fill the Cozumel flights as Coz and Playa del Carmen draw the more refined and lay-ed back spring breakers.

Have a great time Coz looked great 3 weeks ago.

LOU

I haven't tried it yet, but most of the Condo rentals have optional in-kitchen cooking service whereby folks shop for, prepare and clean up meals in the condo for you. You can choose which meals you want and you pay on a per meal basis. If/when I spend more than a week in Coz with my non-diver wife, that's gonna get serious consideration. Anyone done this?

There are some very nice ones! I have not...because I did not "know" the baby going along. In your case you might prefer to all be together. If you do this choose an operator that will accomodate your pick-up and keep your gear.

Presidente is not an AI nor do they have an AI option.

Fiesta Americana has AI. The corner rooms at the end are a "semi suite" (2 rooms) that would be a great place for a crib. We started doing AI there about 3 years ago just for breakfast, lunch, water and drinks. We would go into town for dinner several times. It is closer to town than the southern resorts and a $6.00 cab ride.

Thanks for all the info. Now I've got something to work with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom