the best dive op for Discover Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My husband is a certifed diver but I am not. I wanna do the Discover Scuba (with 2-tank boat dive) in Cozumel while on our vacation. Which dive op is the best and has a good value? Dive with Martin has a very good price but the departure time 7:30 is not possible to us since we'll stay in Playa Del Carmen so we'll have to get up really early to make it to the ferry.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You will most likely get many "Here's the best Dive Op" in Cozumel suggestions. Best thing to do is email the various Dive Op's and ask your questions. Price, location of pickup, time, what is involved with their Discover Scuba Course, what do you need to bring with you, etc. Perhaps study the many reviews here on Scubaboard and you will get some information that will help you decide. Sue

Does your husband want to be on the dives with you or does he plan on doing a 2-tank trip with certified divers while you do the Discover Scuba course? If you want to be together so he can share your first diving experience then you might be better to hire a private instructor/DM who will work with the two of you.

You will likely find that many of the Cozumel dive operators who do offer Discover Scuba courses won't take students out on their morning 2-tank trip unless they have a beginner boat going out. They'll tend to do the course with shore dives or on an afternoon boat if they have afternoon trips.

The "best" dive operation is pretty subjective. There's about 100 to choose from so just determine what you want service and price wise and look for the shop that best meets your needs.

I used Dive Paradise at Plaza Los Glorias a couple of years ago for the Discover Scuba course.

Really, it was just a couple of years ago...really it was.

Was a 4 hour classroom thing, then a check-out in about 12 fsw. behind the hotel to check on your mask clearing-reg finding thing, and other stuff, so that you could be observed on your comfort level in the water. Then a shore dive to about 30 fsw. with the Instructor. Then did Cedar Pass at only 60 fsw. the next day. Had a blast.

Just two words for ya...

Do It!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom