BCD knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc_rain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have a small Wenoka squeeze knife (3” blade) attached to my BCD and was wondering if I need to take it off before going to Cozumel. I don’t want any grief from Cozumel or the airlines.

tc_rain:
I have a small Wenoka squeeze knife (3” blade) attached to my BCD and was wondering if I need to take it off before going to Cozumel. I don’t want any grief from Cozumel or the airlines.
I have the same knife on my BCD. I opted to leave my knife at home for my last trip to Cozumel, as knives (and gloves) are generally frowned upon there. I did, however, take my knife with me to Puerto Vallarta earlier this year. It was burried down in my gear bag (which was checked, of course), and United and TSA either didn't see it or didn't care (I certainly didn't declare it).

I think the advice I've read on this board was to instead bring a pair of EMT shears if you're really worried about getting caught in something.

Jerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom