A place to stay in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nickmc100

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm going to Cozumel in late april. I've never been and may be going solo. I'm looking for a hotel that I can step out of my door and right into the water. I really don't plan on doing any heavy drinking, just diving as much as my computer will let me.I've looked at scuba club, barracuda and hotel cozumel. It looks like at these hotels you can just jump in any time you want. Also, does any one out there recommend or know of any good reastaurants in town.

It has been a LONG time since I went to Coz. One thing I CAN say, first, don't drink the water unless your SURE about the place your having water from, this goes for ice as well. The touristy areas are pretty much safe (no montezuma's revenge) but the back areas are still problematic. Secondly, eat at the hole in the wall places. I enjoyed a burlesque show there (not unclothed, just a dance of viels) and I was the only gringo amoung the locals, they had their eyes on me till I order a beer in perfect Spanish, then it was all fun and games for all of us. The food was great, the atmostphere light and the people were QUITE amiable. Expand your horizons if you have the wilingness to do so, you will never regret it (even if you do get Montezuma's revenge, BTW, take some Pepto, just in case, no sense not being prepared)

Check out the Cozumel forum; there's a wealth of information there. Cozumel is not the place to go for shore diving. All the good diving is drift diving from boats. Also, in the Cozumel forum, search for Christi's restaurant list. It's a great one.

Welcome to the Scubaboard! Good luck with your search!

If you end up going solo, you may have to pay a surcharge because you are not booking 'double occupancy'. This is all too common throughout the Caribbean as well.
Papa Hog's is one of the few places in Coz that will let you book a single for 1 person without charging you extra.
It isn't very fancy, but they have a great little restaurant, excellent DMs and are right across the street from the ocean.
If your budget isn't tight, and you don't mind paying extra as a solo, then there are many places to choose from.
I have no business association with Papa Hog's BTW.

Common sense is becoming an oxymoron.
Thomjinx

http://www.papahogs.com/site/index2.php

Welcome to the Crazy world of the scubaboard! If you ever need any advice or help, we're here for you. Go to the cozumel forum to ask specific questions and you'll get tons of answers. Welcome aboard!

Britt :fish:
:fish:

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

fabasard:
It has been a LONG time since I went to Coz. One thing I CAN say, first, don't drink the water unless your SURE about the place your having water from, this goes for ice as well.

Be careful with the water (don't drink from the tap), but don't worry about the ice.

Back
Top Bottom