High season/lo season ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squarepants

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Usually we try to go during this time of year, because we like to travel during low season. Less people, etc. Plus it works better for my business to go when other people are less likely to want to travel. Anyhoo, my question is: Is the island WAY more busy during January than in Oct/Nov? Our new trip is booked for January 23rd - February 8th.

We would have already been back from our October 27 - November 8th trip to Coz, but we had to cancel. My dad had an accident doing volunteer work for the church, so we came back home from Seattle before we actually made it onto the plane to Cozumel. I am so glad that we did come on home, because his body couldn't recover from his injuries and he died on the 1st of Nov. It would have been a nightmare being away during the days that he was in the hospital.

Thanks, SQ2. It's been a foggy, odd past few weeks.

squarepants:
Usually we try to go during this time of year, because we like to travel during low season. Less people, etc. Plus it works better for my business to go when other people are less likely to want to travel. Anyhoo, my question is: Is the island WAY more busy during January than in Oct/Nov? Our new trip is booked for January 23rd - February 8th.

We would have already been back from our October 27 - November 8th trip to Coz, but we had to cancel. My dad had an accident doing volunteer work for the church, so we came back home from Seattle before we actually made it onto the plane to Cozumel. I am so glad that we did come on home, because his body couldn't recover from his injuries and he died on the 1st of Nov. It would have been a nightmare being away during the days that he was in the hospital.

My sincerest condolences to you and yuor family. Hang in there.

To answer your low season/high season question...based on hotel bookings and my reservations, it appears that the island will have a very good/busy January. Many of the smaller hotels are booking up and already have several sold out dates. It's still not as busy as Christmas/Carnival/Spring Break, but it won't be as low as October and early November were.

Squarepants,

Condolences on the passing of your father. Our prayers are with your family.

Regards

Condolences.

Been there.

It's tough.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

I lost my dad a few years back, too. It's a tough one. It will get better but it won't go away.

Sorry to hear it; my sincere condolences.

We now return you to your regular scheduled program.

See Christi's response. :D

I guess we'll just have to deal with the busy season. It looks like I'd better get our rooms/diving reserved or I may be sorry. Thanks for the feedback!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom