Im Booked!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whisky_Tango

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, after a few weeks of intensive website research, forum reading, dive shop comparison and daydreaming, I've finally booked my first ever dedicated dive vacation AND visit to Cozumel. Word to the wise - don't procrastinate too long. I missed a good seat sale by one day that would have saved me an additional $170. Oh well... I still have a great vacation to look forward to.

I will be flying into Coz on the 5th of January and staying at the Hotel Cozumel. I will be completing my Open Water referral with Papa Hogs, followed by an additional 3 days of diving. I can't wait.

As I've discussed in another thread, while I am completing my PADI cert, I am actually open water qualified through SSI, but it has been too many years and only 6 dives, so I felt more comfortable taking a complete course. I have been far too long out of water, and January cannot come soon enough.

Also as I've mentioned previously, I'm now a solo traveler and would be interested in sharing a drink or two in the town with a fellow forum dweller who has a little experience in Cozumel. A friendly face about town when traveling is always welcome, should any of you be interested and hanging around in early January.

So, two more weekends of confined water pool sessions, some anticipation of what dive equipment Santa may put under my tree, and a fast Jet to Cozumel. Things are looking good.

Cheers,

Todd

Smart thinking to do a new course. We will miss each other as I to will be solo Jan12--17. Post again around Dec 15 for others going when you are and I'm sure someone will answer.

There is Every Sunday at 7 pm some kind of activity in the Main Plaza. Sometimes it is a band concert, other times little plays by the locals. It is a great way to get some local flare as well as homemade food. Seems like half the Island shows up and many bring food to sell to make extra $. I always have fun and have been known to dance with wife, friend, local women, other women on vacation. IT'S FUN AND IT'S FREE.

Lou

If there is something about Coz that Lou doesn' t know about, it's not worth knowing. Lou is getting to be the "Coz man:14: "

loudives:
Smart thinking to do a new course. We will miss each other as I to will be solo Jan12--17. Post again around Dec 15 for others going when you are and I'm sure someone will answer.

There is Every Sunday at 7 pm some kind of activity in the Main Plaza. Sometimes it is a band concert, other times little plays by the locals. It is a great way to get some local flare as well as homemade food. Seems like half the Island shows up and many bring food to sell to make extra $. I always have fun and have been known to dance with wife, friend, local women, other women on vacation. IT'S FUN AND IT'S FREE.

Lou

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom