Jeanie's Waffle House

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeanie doesn't own it anymore?

I hadn't been in there since it moved...Stayed at the Day's Inn a couple of times when she had her place there. We would have breakfast there everyday and go in after dives for coffee or a coke or something. Great food and she was a wonderful hostess. She treated you like family.

Hi Sealskin98,

I've long been a fan of JWH.

I spoke with her father on a Continental flight down to CZM shortly before the sale and Jeanie has gone back to Canada due to family obligations.

I ate there in Feb of this year and while the new owners/wait staff have kept the old menu, IMHO they don't do it quite as well. Also, I have heard the odd complaint that the place isn't as accommodating/friendly as before, although I was satisifed with the attitude and service during my last visit.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Ahh,

Another fav gone.

That place had the best breakfast on the Island. All the breakfast stuff was great, not just the waffles.

We would hit breakfast there on our "off" day.

I really loved the tomato juice. She had her own special blend and it was delicious.

Hope she's doing OK

I regret I didn't go to her location on Melgar after she moved. We would be sitting in the courtyard of Villa del Rey (Days Inn) under the iguana loaded trees, taking bets on which stone the iguana poop would land on, and she would come out and sit and talk for awhile.

Yes, for those of you that are wondering, they had a maintenance crew that cleaned up every day. (iguana pooper scooper, what a visual :D)

George, the manager that lived on property, was real nice too. Sometimes his wife would fix a batch of conch seviche and he would bring out a cup of it for each of us.

Even though it was a few blocks from the shore it was a nice, comfortable place to stay. Never had a home-cooked meal at any of the other places I've stayed. But then the other places didn't have management living on property. When I drove by there last time it looked like the hotel was closed.

Alas, but I digress. I hope Jeanie's family is doing alright.

As sad (for me at least) is Raul's Tacos is no longer there either (they shared the space I believe). Very friendly and accomodating. When I was there in Sept. 05, I asked the waiter how come no one on the island had crunchy taco shells, he told me they could make them and sure enough, brought out three of the tastiest tacos on crunchy corn tortillas.

Did I mention Jeannie's hash browns?

MMM-good!

Man, I'll miss that place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom