Trip report Nov 17-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Hipp

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Left DFW Airport way early in the morning. Arrived in Coz at about 10:40am.

I travel with a group that is organized by the SCUBA instructor at Eastfield college in Mesquite, Texas. We stayed at Hotel Cozumel and dove with Chino from Aqua Safari on the Ocean Three.

Friday afternoon we did a shore dive in front of the hotel. It was about average. Saw a couple rays and some squirrel fish.

Saturday Morning we went out on the boat to Palancar Gardens. The reefs are definetly looking better than they did when I was there last in June. We saw a few turtles and some nurse sharks. Second dive at Delilah. The shallower reefs are still pretty sandy.

We planned on doing a night dive on Saturday night but we voted against it due to the rough shore exit we would have had to do.

Sunday we went to Palancar Bricks and Tormentos. Same story as Saturday, mostly saw turtles and nurse sharks. I saw one barracuda. Some other people in the group saw a Green Morray, but I didn't. We also saw a rare site, a toadfish in the open. I had only seen the head before that. It was a pretty rough boat ride back from Tormentos. Probably 4-6 foot seas.

Overall a pretty decent trip. We are at Guido's on Saturday night and Prima's on Sunday night. The food at hotel Cozumel is not the greatest. It was pretty windy all weekend, which made rinsing gear and getting off the boat slightly unpleasant.

Left Coz at 11:45 Monday and returned to DFW alive at about 2:40pm.

Next stop: Fiji, hopefully.

Thanks Chris!

We are going down in January and I am chopping up all the info I can get.

Have fun in Fiji.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom