Trying to Dive since 11/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Anybody having any luck diving this week? With small craft advisory we have been unable to dive all week. My dive buddy does not want to dive the cenotes so we are pretty much stuck waiting for the wind to die down.:( :shakehead

Playa del Carman port has been closed as well. 20 knot winds from the north are preventing our boat from diving. Any bigger boats going out?

Our only option is a shore dive from EAST side :11: of island. Anyone know of any good shore dives over there. Shore dives from West side of island are impossible due to heavy currents and winds.

Ports are closed, none of us can control the weather. It's the truth. Trust me, we (dive ops) want to get you out diving as much as you do....we can't pay the bills if we can't send our divers out! Lucky for you, you've only missed 2 days. This is day 7 for us!

Christi:
Ports are closed, none of us can control the weather. It's the truth. Trust me, we (dive ops) want to get you out diving as much as you do....we can't pay the bills if we can't send our divers out! Lucky for you, you've only missed 2 days. This is day 7 for us!

OMG! SEVEN DAYS?!? That has got to be a new record for a Norte.

I understand the dive ops have been shutdown as well. I feel bad as this should be a good revenue weekend and is much needed by all. Appreciate any ideas for shore dives on east side.

Just got back last night... it was so windy and cold on Tues. morning I had to wear pants! It's a private joke that my wife will get... but i think you get the gist :confused:

We missed diving on Friday & Monday, Friday we chose not to go out as we had no desire to dive with Dive Paradise (ha ha, just stoking the flames :mooner:).

Monday the port was completely closed (as well as Tuesday, and from what I gather, today).

Saturday & Sunday Christi had to rent big boats to get us out in the water (which we do appreciate!)

heiligenwho - we spent part of Friday snorkeling at Chen Rio, we went out a ways to about 15-20 ft. and the vis was pretty bad despite it being calm. That being said there were some boats of fishermen there, perhaps they could recommend something (not that I think it's a very good idea... really, I don't).

aldora dives on the east side. Call Memo

kentmorrdave:
aldora dives on the east side. Call Memo
Pffttt! Good luck! If the port is closed that boat is full of Aldora's customers (if it's even allowed to go out).

I actually did get my divers lined out today. Five did cenotes and boat dives on the mainland and the other 8 we took to the other side we jsut got back but we got two tanks in and it was a solution for today anyway! The dives were nice but nothing to write home about. I have some ideas and solutions about how to handle future marathon nortes :)

We'll see what tomorrow holds, but it doesn't look like tomorrow's weather is going to be any better. Pray for us...haha!

Maybe it's time to sacrifice a few virgins to Kukulkan, the Mayan God of the Wind.

kukulcan.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom