Rain in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenny Spunk

Registered
Reaction score
The 10 day forecast on Blue XT site is showing rain everyday from when we arrive on Sunday!:shakehead

With a 60% chance of rain are these scattered showers or is it overcast all day?

In short will we see some sunshine:D :D

Cheers S.

Kenny Spunk:
The 10 day forecast on Blue XT site is showing rain everyday from when we arrive on Sunday!:shakehead

With a 60% chance of rain are these scattered showers or is it overcast all day?

In short will we see some sunshine:D :D

Cheers S.

You will see plenty of sun. These are scattered showers. I as others have been in Cozumel and looked at the weather forecast and it called for thunderstorms and rain and the sun would be shining. It rained during Thanksgiving Week 2 or 3 days for less than an hour. Although it was cold we still had lots of sun. Sometimes the weather will get so good that you can predict from 2 to 3 in the afternoon you are going to get a shower.

we were just in coz 12/2-12/10 and we didn't see a whole lot of sun. we had one mostly sunny day - which just happened to be our scheduled day off to go to the mainland.

some of the other days were partly sunny ... but honestly, they were mostly cloudy with some sun breaks. and it rained a lot. (this is coming from someone who lives in seattle!) at the beginning of our stay it would be a quick shower or two in the afternoon that wouldn't last more than several minutes (if that), but it progressed to waking up to a shower and having more and longer showers during the day. yesterday it was raining when i woke up (before 6:00) and it was raining when we boarded our plan (around 1:30), and i don't think it stopped for more than an hour in between ...

apparently this is unusual for coz, but i figured i'd let you know how it's been. luckily we're used to cloudy wet weather and diving in very low vis, so even with the cloud cover being pretty consistent for most of our dives, we thought the diving was amazing. :D

It is the tropics.
Most heavy rain this time of year is very short. May have lingering light showers on and off.
Was there 1-6 and from the boat could see rain at one end of the island but sunshine the other end. It will be hit and miss. If you dive who cares! Water temp will be 80-84 and wet anyway.

I've been down here three days now, has been deeply overcast most of the time. Somewhat unusual, as, per Jim Baldwin's note above, the weather typically moves in and out pretty quickly - whereas this week has been pretty consistently overcast.

Fortunately, there is no churn whatsoever; the water is quite clear and very warm (80 degrees near the surface, maybe a degree or two cooler at depth). Had some excellent dives already! Many turtles large and small, southern, yellow and spotted eagle rays, nurse sharks, lotsa lotsa beautiful reef fish, coz toadfish, fire worm (that was cool), cleaner shrimp etc. Can't beat it, even when it's raining!

Also, it's supposed to clear up somewhat beginning tomorrow. We'll see.

- 1gromit

I was on Coz for a day (cruise stop), my only goal was diving... So when it started to downpour halfway to the dock, I wasn't too worried. The drunk party kids didn't mind either... but the elderly folks were very pissed.

it rained for the six and a half hours 'til dark; didn't affect the dive whatsoever!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom