Cozumel Weather 12/14 - 12/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PolsVoice

Reaction score
Ok. I have had a dive trip planned for 5 months that I have been SO STOKED about. I got my best friend addicted to scuba earlier this year so that this will be his first dive trip.

Anywho, I just checked out weather.com and it is showing isolated/scattered T-Storms and showers throughout the week. Is this reliable? What are the chances that it will significantly affect our diving?

- Chris.

PolsVoice:
Anywho, I just checked out weather.com and it is showing isolated/scattered T-Storms and showers throughout the week. Is this reliable? What are the chances that it will significantly affect our diving?

- Chris.

Rain does not cancel dives...not even heavy rain. You're diving and you're going to get wet anyway.

Don't pre occupy yourself with the forecasts.
1. There's nothingyou can do about it and
2. the weather.com forecasts always say rain
3. If you're worried about dives being affected, the wind speed and direction is more of a concern that any amount of rain

Christi:
Rain does not cancel dives...not even heavy rain. You're diving and you're going to get wet anyway.

Don't pre occupy yourself with the forecasts.
1. There's nothingyou can do about it and
2. the weather.com forecasts always say rain
3. If you're worried about dives being affected, the wind speed and direction is more of a concern that any amount of rain

DITTO !!!

You pay your money you take your chances.....I have been there in great weather and bad weather....but I figure it is better than being at work.....:D

Yup, it rained some during our stay- but didn't diminish the experience a bit.
You win some, you lose some. Some get rained out, but you suit up for 'em all.
Craig-

A very wise man told me this many, many, many years ago...His face is fading now, can't quite remember who it was....

"It ain't rainin' underwater." :D

I know, you are concerned about a trip being canceled instead of creature comforts...I was just being facetious. :eyebrow:

I don't know how many times I've been sitting in the Casa del Mar restaurant (or getting off a dive boat myself) and seen people, still dripping wet coming back from a dive, run across the street in the rain holding something over their heads trying to get under cover and back to the hotel. There would usually be a couple of guys walking up from the boat behind them saying "What's the deal with them?". :rofl3:

You shouldn't have a problem...unless you mind gettin' wet a bit. :wink:

Lightning is usually not a problem with the rain showers there as it can be here, just a bit of short afternoon showers. What Christi said.

We call it liquid sunshine. What better way to get out of the rain than to go diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom