Back to Coz!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lawofgravity

Reaction score
It's been two years since I posted here. I've been off the regulator for that long since my wife's back problems have kept us from diving. Anyway, we're headed back for Cozumel in January for a long overdue vacation. Found some great deals on Orbitz flying out of Vancouver. As with the last trip to Coz, we're having a hard time deciding between staying in town or getting away from the crowd. (Last time, we eventually settled on the FA, which was somewhere in between) Our choices are the Allegro and the new Park Royal. The Allegro has a gorgeous beach while the Park Royal is walking distance to all those great restaurants. Hard decision, I know but if anyone can help me swing the balance of the scale either way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, LOG

lawofgravity,
i'd pick park royal.
everthing there is new.
allegro isn't going anywhere and you could stay there for your next holiday.
regards,

Park royal check out the deal they have.

Park Royal reopen special for those looking for a AI
Saw this at www.cozumel.bookit.com

AMAZING RE-OPENING SPECIAL!
Reg. $220 Now $99 Per Person Nightly
Luxury All-Inclusive Resort & Amenities!
  • SAVE OVER $800 on 7 Night Stay
  • Completely Renovated Resort
  • All Inclusive Package Included
  • Must Book by December 27th!
Valid: 01/01/07 - 04/30/07

See More BookIt.com® Cozumel Specials!

Star Rating
LM07525_225478.jpg
GRAND RE-OPENING: The Park Royal has just re-opened after an extensive $34 million renovation! (view the photo gallery below)All Inclusive Plan Includes:
  • ALL MEALS Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks
  • Served 7:00 A.M. – 10:30 P.M.
  • UNLIMITED Drinks (domestic & imported)
  • 4 Restaurants (3 A-la-Carte Dinner only)
  • 2 Snack Bars
  • 5 On-Site Bars
  • 3 Swimming Pools
  • 2 Oceanfront Hot Tubs
  • FREE Daily Activities
  • FREE Nightly Live Entertainment
  • Secluded Beach Club
  • Tennis Courts
  • On-Site Kid’s Club
Looking for a luxurious getaway in on of the hottest tropical locations around? Look no further than the Park Royal resort in Cozumel. This island resort is perfect for singles, honeymooners, families or just friends looking for a great vacation getaway. Secluded and private, the Park Royal offers a care-free all inclusive vacation with meals, drinks, activities, entertainment, taxes and gratuities ALL INCLUDED!Whether you are looking to relax by the beach, take a dip in the pool or participate in our daily activities, the Park Royal has it all. From secluded privacy to mingling with the other resort guests, days and nights in Cozumel offer the perfect balance between relaxation and excitement. With all your meals and drinks included all you have to do is take it easy and enjoy the beauty of Cozumel, its clear blue waters and the first-class service at the Park Royal Cozumel!
Beautiful Location in front of one of Cozumel’s famous barrier reefs, 10 minutes from Cozumel International Airport and only 5 minutes from downtown!Address
Playa Paraiso Km 3 5 Zona Hote, Cozumel Quintana Roo, 77600Toll Free Bookings
(888) 782-9722

Thanks LouD, I saw your post earlier. I went to cozumel.bookit.com and looked at the air/hotel prices but found Orbitz close to $500 cheaper. $1776 vs $1291 flying out of Vancouver Jan 15-22. I guess it's because Orbitz cuts you a deal if you book both flight and hotel together. Anyhow, thanks for the heads up on Park Royal. It's definitely where I'm leaning now.

not bad. Boy you have lousy flights to Coz. I just looked and you have overnight layovers and 2 stops. Is Seatle a better option for flights? and to Cancun I saw seatle to cancun for 400 for those days and same day departure and arrival only 1 stop. Bus and ferry would be 20 per person.

Lou

loudives:
not bad. Boy you have lousy flights to Coz. I just looked and you have overnight layovers and 2 stops. Is Seatle a better option for flights? and to Cancun I saw seatle to cancun for 400 for those days and same day departure and arrival only 1 stop. Bus and ferry would be 20 per person.

Lou

I didn't realize the return leg has an overnight in Lost Wages, so that's not going to work for us. Damn. Prices change everyday on Orbitz so I just have to keep trying to find a good price with good flight times.

A long time ago, I bused it to Seattle to fly to Cancun via Detroit. It was not a pleasant experience and while the prices may be cheaper it's not worth my sanity to try it again. You're right, the flights are lousy but it's not so bad if you can sleep on the red eye. But once we're there, I know all the stress from travelling just melts away when we hit the warm water. :D

One factor to consider is that the allegro has low rise units scattered among the grounds. I don't care much for high rises, no matter how luxurious. Just me.

It took a while but finally, I will be on my way to Cozumel January 19 -26, staying at the Park Royal all inclusive. Vancouver to Cozumel via Las Vegas redeye and Houston. No overnights which is great. Total cost $2540 for two with the Orbitz $200 "passport" discount. Not cheap but my health and sanity that is slowly withering away in the cold weather is not worth risking a few dollars over.

Now all I need is to make reservations with a dive op and I'm good to go.

Back
Top Bottom