Carnival in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanshark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Folks,

I've just booked a flight and Hotel from Feb 16th to March 2nd, staying at the Villa Blanca. (aren't Airmiles a wonderful thing...). I'll be Flying direct from Toronto to Cozumel.

I'll be diving with Dive With Martin again this trip. I haven't been to Cozumel for a couple of years (just before Wilma), I thought it was time to pay a visit to my favorite place in the Universe again..

I'm looking to do the Cenote's on the Mainland as well as visit Tulum and finally do the shipwreck dive.

Anyone else headed down during this time? What can I expect during Carnival? I'm looking forward to it...

Carnaval in Coz is pretty cool. We were there for Carnaval in 2001. I am looking at the Carnaval poster we brought back right now. Good memories! Unlike some places, it is pretty G-rated. There are a number of parades during the week. Many of the groups in the parades are school kids. They decorate the waterfront along Melgar with big papier-mache heads. They put up a stage and a number of concessions in the plaza and there is a party every night. Go watch the parade and wander around the plaza and you'll have a good time.

We normally go in January, but because of Wilma, our resort wasn't ready and we ended up going the week of Carnaval. A lot of fun. The parade went on and on and on. Damn near as good as New Orleans but without risque stuff. They really put on a great show.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom