Hotel Location - Casa Del Mar / Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RussR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I am going to Cozumel at the end of January and have a question.

I am staying at the Casa Del Mar, while my buddies are staying at the Scuba Club Cozumel. I was able to determine that these hotels are near one another but my question is how near are they?

I am going to be diving with Scuba Club the days I am there so I want to see if the distance is walkable or not.

Will Scuba Club pick me up if it is not walkable?

And is town walkable from Casa del Mar?

Im bringing my Girfriend who does not dive so Casa Del Mar seemed like a better fit for me.

Thanks

Here ya go.

http://www.cancunmap.com/assist/cozumel_hotel_locator.html

The hotels seem to be in order as to their distance from town. Scuba Club is closer to town than Casa del Mar. Take a cab to town.

Casa del Mar is a nice place...no frills but clean and AC works. And free breakfast.

The dive op. should pick you up at the Atlantis pier across the street from CDM.

Have fun!!!

Umm, can you smuggle me in if you take a big suitcase? :D

Edit, Edit, Edit...The text on the website as far as distance is concerned is about right...but the photos on the site are not of the hotels there, at least for CDM unless you click on the link on the photo site.

Sorry.

The distance between CDM & SCC is about 1.1 miles.

SCC will not pick you up. You will have to walk or take a cab to the hotel. SCC does have gear lockers - bring a lock.

Any way to change to Costa Club instead of CDM? CC is across the street from SCC.

Hotel Cozumel is nearly twice the price - I think I will stick with Casa Del Mar and use taxis to dive and maybe buses for town but also check the Barracuda. This is only a long weekend trip so I want to keep the costs down

What is the current name of Plaza las Glorias?

Thanks for the info

Scubydoobydoo:
Hotel Cozumel is nearly twice the price - I think I will stick with Casa Del Mar and use taxis to dive and maybe buses for town but also check the Barracuda. This is only a long weekend trip so I want to keep the costs down

What is the current name of Plaza las Glorias?

Thanks for the info

Don't count on busses. Economical public transportation does not exist in Cozumel. Your choices are to walk, taxi, or rent a car. Before anyone says it, mopeds should NOT be a consideration either....but that's a different thread...in fact one that I need to start :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom