Unrealistic????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RussR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I am going to Cozumel for 3 nights. We arrive on saturday at 1 pm and leave on tuesday at 1pm.

My plan is to dive Satrday 2 tank "twilight" dive" and possibly a night dive, sunday 2 tank morning and 2 tank afternoon as well as Night dive and Monday 2 tank morning

Is this realistic? I am unfamilar with cozumel and the topograghy and depths but I really want to get maxium dive time

any information is appreciated

thanks

russ

you don't state how you are arriving, plane or ship. May make a bit of difference if you consider the flight/dive recommendations.

Scubydoobydoo:
Hi,

I am going to Cozumel for 3 nights. We arrive on saturday at 1 pm and leave on tuesday at 1pm.

My plan is to dive Satrday 2 tank "twilight" dive" and possibly a night dive, sunday 2 tank morning and 2 tank afternoon as well as Night dive and Monday 2 tank morning

Is this realistic? I am unfamilar with cozumel and the topograghy and depths but I really want to get maxium dive time

any information is appreciated

thanks

russ

An afternoon dive on Sunday is going to be hard to find, and a night dive on Sunday is going to be next to impossible to find. I'm assuming you haven't yet made your diving arrangements.

Operators do not automatically run afternoon or night dives every night, and most run morning boats only on Sunday. This is a very Catholic dominated island and Sundays are sacred family days...so many shops are closed, and those that are open run minimal staffs.

It depends on how many others are also interested in the same schedule for a shop to run afternoon boats or night dives on any day of the week, let alone on Sunday.

Good luuck and have fun!

When are you heading to Cozumel?

I'm tenatively looking at going in early March (arriving 3/3, departing on Wednesday 03/07). We have a party of 2 (albeit we are both very new divers). I've had some initial email pricing from Christi, Dive w/ Martin and Bottom Time Divers based upon recommendations from this board and my OW instructor.

Thanks for the information!

We are flying in on January 20th.

I will try to set up the afternoon dives before we get there although first i have to convince the people i am going with since they are staying saturday to saturday. We will be four divers total.

Thanks again.

Scubydoobydoo:
Thanks for the information!

We are flying in on January 20th.

I will try to set up the afternoon dives before we get there although first i have to convince the people i am going with since they are staying saturday to saturday. We will be four divers total.

Thanks again.
Unrealistic? Yeah, but don't let that stop you from trying.

With 4 divers, you're a lot more likely to get a boat to go out - if the Op & Crew don't mind running that Sunday afternoon, just maybe evening. You want to cram a lot of diving into a too short weekend, but I'm thinking iffy on 2 Sat afternoon + 1 that night, and very iffy on Sunday. If you're staying close enough to town to have some decent shore dives, you might add those on to a 2 tank afternoon trip, maybe.

San Miquel is so dead on Sundays that I have been there, I'm think the ideal approach is Sunday flights in and out. I've never done it, as I always go for 4 or 5 nights over the weekend myself, but as far as chit chat goes - yeah. :crafty:

Dive Paradise at least used to run night dives on Sunday; you might check with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom