Carnival in Cozumel Feb 15th-21st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanshark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy folks, Is anyone planning on being in Cozumel during Carnival? I'll be in Cozumel from February 16th to the 23rd and Playa Del Carmen from the 24th to the 2nd of March. I'll be diving with Dive with Martin while in Cozumel. I don't know who I'll be doing the Cenote's with while in PDC.

Anyone else heading down at this time? I'll be flying in from Toronto direct to Cozumel (Aren't airmiles wonderful).

cheers...

Lanshark

I'll be there with friends Feb. 14th - 21st, diving with Blue XT Sea. Anyone up for a ScubaBoard dinner to meet some fellow SB'ers? We had one when I was there last June and it was nice to meet the folks behind the messages and just all around good fun. I can start a new thread for a meet-up if there's interest, or we can just hijack this one. ;-)

I'm one of the "friends" there with bnajdrovsky. Trust me on this - I'm due a vacation. Was fun meeting the other SB members back in the summer and would be great to meet others. Very much looking forward to another chance to go out with Christi's crew.

My wife and I will be there Feb 10th to the 23rd diving with Christi as well.
To those diving with Blue XT Sea, see you on the boat :D

I'll be there with my wife and two kids to do our AOW certifications from Feb. 17th to the 24th. Looking forward to getting away from the Chicago winter weather and into some warm water. Wasn't sure if Carnival will make Coz a zoo during the week or not.

It will be crowded...

bnajdrovsky:
as long as it's not too crowded on the reefs... ;-)

LOL

Not to argue with RJE634 but the hotel pricing didn't seem to reflect too much crowding. I mean the prices were not any higher that week than any other week during the season. Guess somehow we will have to suffer through finding out for ourselves. May be a tough trip but somehow given enough alcohol we will probably survive :rofl3:

vanduker I kind of hope your right but I don't think we'll be alone. The hotel pricing isn't that much more because it's already high season. I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone will chime in to correct me if I am, but I think this is a big draw for the "locals" who come to check out the festivities. So not only do you have us gringos but also a lot of native people as well.
Regardless it should be a blast :D

Back
Top Bottom