Non-diving spouse coming with me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harro10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am trying to work out a trip to Cozumel from 2/6 to 2/13. I have been there five times by myself or with my son. When we are there is diving, diving and more diving. This time I have talked my non-diving wife into going. I have always (when possible) stayed at Caribe Blu and dove with Blue Angel. My wife is worried that she will have too much idle time. I will give up my afternoon and night diving and so will back to the hotel around noon each day.
The round about question is - If anyone reading this has been in a similar situation how has it worked out?

Just about every trip to Coz I'm with at least some non-divers, and that's what I usually end up doing... dive in the morning, and then work on the margaritas by the pool in the afternoon. Works quite well. :)

I have been to Coz 3 times with non-diving spouse. I have always stayed at an all-inclusive with a nice beach. I do the 2 tank am dives and spend the afternoon with wife. We go into town to shop and do the usual tourist trap stuff. I usually do one night dive. On the last full day of stay I rent a vehicle and drive to east side of island and again into town for more shopping. My wife loves it there and we are planning a fourth trip as soon as we can get passports. (My wife does snorkel and it helps if you can get a hotel or resort with good snorkling area.)

LOL, your CZM trips sound a lot like mine, soonerwink. I forgot to mention the last day surface interval on the east side. That's definitely a must. :)

Harro10:
I am trying to work out a trip to Cozumel from 2/6 to 2/13. I have been there five times by myself or with my son. When we are there is diving, diving and more diving. This time I have talked my non-diving wife into going. I have always (when possible) stayed at Caribe Blu and dove with Blue Angel. My wife is worried that she will have too much idle time. I will give up my afternoon and night diving and so will back to the hotel around noon each day.
The round about question is - If anyone reading this has been in a similar situation how has it worked out?

Don't forget about the parasailing, the small catamaran trips to the north end of the island, the fishing, plenty of shopping from the main street to several streets back, also check out the ruins and of course the east side. The small local restaurants are excellent and inexpensive. How about a massage or getting a manicure.

There is plenty to keep a person busy.

She enjoys snorkeling and the catamaran trip sounds like a good idea. I have never gone to the wild side of the island because I have spent most of my time diving so we will do that. She has already mentioned getting a massage while I am diving so that is a definite. Thanks for the ideas everyone.

Moodiejeff:
I'll second that recommendation, Sally is great, my wife and I will be visiting Sally in Feb when we are there...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom