Has Anyone Stayed at the Park Royal Recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rje634

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We'll be staying at the Park Royal Feb. 10th to the 17th using a timeshare trade. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and what their impressions where? You know, the standard questions:
How are the rooms since the rennovation?
Which rooms are the best?
Are there room upgrade options (and are they worth it)?
How are the pool and beach facilities?

Now some questions on the AI, unfortunately with the timeshare trade the AI is mandatory :shakehead :(
Luckly we are staying at the Vista Del Mar the second half of the vacation and will be able to enjoy the local restaurants :D
How is the AI food and the restaurants?
What are the rules for making reservations at the ala carte dining rooms?
Has anyone else stayed there on a timeshare exchange and if so what were the costs?

Please don't let this evolve in to a timeshare shark rant, we are well aware of the timeshare sales tactics, afterall we own two.

Thanks

Well, I'll be there next Friday for a week, so I'll post a report as soon as I get back. I'm checking tripadvisor regularly and what few reports since the renos, have been generally positive so far. Two things I've picked up so far, bring slacks and a dress shirt for the sit down restaurants and get a room above the fourth floor for the best view.

lawofgravity:
Well, I'll be there next Friday for a week, so I'll post a report as soon as I get back. I'm checking tripadvisor regularly and what few reports since the renos, have been generally positive so far. Two things I've picked up so far, bring slacks and a dress shirt for the sit down restaurants and get a room above the fourth floor for the best view.
Thanks I'd really appreciate that.
Yes I've looked at trip advisor as well but I think that disgruntal people are more apt to post on that site than someone that had a great time..

I look forward to your feedback.

I have a group staying there right now. They are very happy. I'm sure she'll write a report when she gets back as she is an SB'er, but some of her comments are:
Comfy beds
Very friendly and helpful staff
"pretty decent food"
Beautiful grounds
Very nice rooms

Thanks Christi,
I'll keep an eye out for any reports.
BTW Peggy wants to see some recent Misha pics if you've got 'em. She can't wait to see her.

Joe

rje634:
Thanks Christi,
I'll keep an eye out for any reports.
BTW Peggy wants to see some recent Misha pics if you've got 'em. She can't wait to see her.

Joe

Misha is growing :)

This just in...pier issues with Park Royal.

They don't have their own pier. Casa del Mar is next door, but they only want their hotel guests using the pier. El Cid has a stump of a pier, but it is only for El Cid guests.

I'll keep everyone posted on the solutions we come up with for this.

Christi:
This just in...pier issues with Park Royal.

They don't have their own pier. Casa del Mar is next door, but they only want their hotel guests using the pier. El Cid has a stump of a pier, but it is only for El Cid guests.

I'll keep everyone posted on the solutions we come up with for this.
So much for the convienence of just walking out to the pier and getting picked up :(

I'll be looking for the follow-ups as well. My wife and I have reservations at the Park Royale in a couple of months.

Christi, I'll be in touch when I figure out what days I'll want to dive...

We just made reservations for March 11 - 17th. We just couldn't pass up an all-inclusive for $164/night.

I am now looking for some dive ops. Blue XT~Sea is booked up already for the 15th. Any ideas? I am wanting to get 4 days of 2 tank with a night dive as well. I am also wondering how the pick up will be handled. I got an email into Blue XT right now.

O2BBubbleFree:
I'll be looking for the follow-ups as well. My wife and I have reservations at the Park Royale in a couple of months.

Christi, I'll be in touch when I figure out what days I'll want to dive...
I'll let you know all about it when I get back:D

Back
Top Bottom