Rental rates for dig camera in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaryRiley

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can anyone give me an idea of the rental rates for renting a dig camera from the shop in Coz? I have emailed them twice and called them several times with no luck.

Thanks,
Mary

Are you trying to contact Island Photo? www.photocozumel.com Armando and Holly are great. I can't imagine that they wouldn't reply to emails, unless they are having some major email issue. Their stop is not open full days so make sure to check the hours before calling.

We rented a video cam from them in Feb. We handled the booking with Holly via email. Armando met us at our hotel with the camera. We had an issue with the battery not holding the charge on the day. He took care of it and gave us the cam for another day.

They are also very good pro photographers. They offer courses, and even if you don't take a course, they are more then willing to answer questions and provide pointers to help you improve your photos.

Do you know any of their rates? Camera or video?

Thanks,
Mary

MaryRiley:
Can anyone give me an idea of the rental rates for renting a dig camera from the shop in Coz? I have emailed them twice and called them several times with no luck.

Thanks,
Mary

I'm in the same boat as you. I've tried to PM and email Holly at Island Photo but no answer yet. I'm hoping someone can tell me if she's still around and whether her shop is open yet.

MaryRiley:
Do you know any of their rates? Camera or video?

Thanks,
Mary

We have our own photo and video equipment and only rented a video cam w/ housing once when we wanted to try out a smaller model. I think it was around $90 for the day. I don't know their current rates.

If you don't see what you're looking for listed in the rental area of their site, call or email and ask. They do have some other models not listed (or at least they used to.)

lawofgravity:
I'm in the same boat as you. I've tried to PM and email Holly at Island Photo but no answer yet. I'm hoping someone can tell me if she's still around and whether her shop is open yet.

Is Holly back on the island? In the aftermath of Wilma, she had to go back to the States (Colorado, I believe) and get a job. When I was last on Cozumel, back in May, she was still up here and Armando was on the island running their business. It's been really tough for them, seeing each other only for a few days every few months or so.

Here's the contact info I had for Holly from her emails setting up our rental in Feb '06:

Holly Alentado
Island Photo-Video Center of Cozumel
US phone: 303-519-4410
e-mail: Cozumelphoto@aol.com
photocozumel@ecozumel.net

I think I've got Armando's cell number as well, but not with me at the moment.

As far as video goes, I have been using the same guy for video for over 6 years. If anyone is interested send me a note. He charges about $150/day for 2 dive video/dvd. This guy is out of this world and does wonderful editing and music is great. Hes done work for ESPN and Cozumel Chamber.

and Ditto on Holly and Armando. They run a great operation.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one. :)
I have some time. We do not leave for Coz until March 5. :(
I will keep on emailing. Let me know if you have any luck.

Mary

MaryRiley:
It's nice to know I'm not the only one. :)
I have some time. We do not leave for Coz until March 5. :(
I will keep on emailing. Let me know if you have any luck.

Mary

Mary, I just got an email from Armando from Island Photo this morning.

They have Sea and Sea DX8000 8 megapixel cameras for rent at $55.

If you still can't get a hold of him by email, PM me and I can give you his cell number.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom