info on cruises going to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Good day, I am scheduled to be on Princess cruise line at the end of january and apparently we are going cavern diving...does anyone have any info on what dive charter this goes through? dive sites etc.?
I've never been, and am excited to check it out.

Thanks,
Tyler

I'm sure others will chime in here, but if you want to cavern dive, you won't be doing it in Cozumel. The mainland has awesome cavern dives, however. You should head to Playa del Carmen.

Excursion lists I've seen for various lines all seem to go to Chikin-Ha. I've done a handful of cenote dives in the past few years but I haven't been to this one or heard anything about it.

I know it's on the mainland so you will be taking the ferry over to Playa del Carmen and being met by your transportation (and maybe the guide as well) when you get off the ferry.

I see from your profile that you're a very experienced diver. Before you commit to the ship excursion you might want to check out a couple private guides and see what you can arrange on your own. If you got at least two divers, this might be a better option for you. I've had great dives with Dennis Weeks from Diablo Divers (mainland based, in Puerto Aventuras. He'll pick you up in Playa), and also with German Yanez from Yucatech Expeditions, which is based in Cozumel. German would meet you at the ferry pier in Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom