Those were the days!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kentmorrdave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
846f_1.JPG

Kent,

Where did you see/find that poster?

Moodiejeff:
Yum! Turtle Soup! :turtle:

When I first started going to Cozumel, turtle steak was offered at many of the eateries, and, politically incorrect as it may be to say this, oh man was it good!

Moodiejeff:

First time I had turtle soup was on Grand Cayman in 1985. REALLY good stuff. As good as 2 hour old Red Snapper ceviche. Can you get fresh turtle soup anywhere on Cozumel? Anybody know?

Mawg:
First time I had turtle soup was on Grand Cayman in 1985. REALLY good stuff. As good as 2 hour old Red Snapper ceviche. Can you get fresh turtle soup anywhere on Cozumel? Anybody know?

Turtle is not on the menu on Cozumel any more. Turtles are protected on Cozumel - literally, with automatic weapons when they come ashore on the east coast to lay their eggs. Maybe they could import the meat from non-protected species, but I have never seen turtle anything on restaurant menus on Cozumel in a very long time.

Wow, how times have changed. And in this case I think for the better. Now we're ready to toss divers with CRTD (Compulsive Reef Touching Disorder) to the sharks!

I love vintage travel posters. (Occupational hazard) I have never seen that one. It would be great to see a destination marketing retrospective someday at the Cozumel museum. Airline, cruise line, tour operator, hotel, tourist board, etc., pieces from years past to present.

Moodiejeff:
Hmmm, should I have put up a smilie too? I hope everyone know I was joking! No way could I eat Turtle soup... Now that Turtle steak and a good omelette made from endangered Turtle eggs would be all i need.

OK... I'll stop now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom