Casa Mexicana in Cozumel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akdiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone stayed at Casa Mexicana? We would like to know if the beds are hard as rock like some of the places I have read about. Also, overall good or bad? Thanks in advance

Overall I think its excellent. Possibly the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in.

Location is great for divers. The Aldora pier is just across the street, the caleta is an easy cab ride. Downtown restaurants are all within walking distance.

The lobby has WiFi. The breakfast buffet is good and with a 7:00 start gets you to your dive boat easily. I find any bed comfortable after diving so maybe I should pass on how hard they are.

Picture of the lobby:

402831319_b35e23eff1_o.jpg

The rest of Febuary's pictures are at:cozumel album

tim

Casa Mexicana rocks. If the El Cantil is ever unavailable our group will go back to CM without a second thought. Beds are firm as I recall, but coming from a Tempur-Pedic at home I was able to appreciate them. They are not uncomfortable, just firm. Everything else about that hotel, location, condition, breakfast buffet, cleanliness, balcony views, free wi-fi, pier access, COLD a/c, will overshadow your memory of the mattresses.

Wow Cheesehead, great pics!!!!! what kinda camera do you have? BTW, thanks for the input everyone.

I travel a lot for work, so I get to experience enough hotel beds to say the ones at Casa Mexicana are some of the best around. The breakfast was excellent, with fresh fruit, including fresh squeezed juices. Super clean rooms, and quite. I would stay there again.

Another two thumbs way up for Casa Mexicana.
In short:

Perfect location- not to close to the square, close enough to walk over there in three minutes

Aldora Pier- right across the street

Spacious rooms, really big with a fridge and firm but comfortable beds.

Lovely staff, especially rhe morning crew for breakfast

Wonderful fresh breakfast each morning, healthy choices not just waffles and fruit loops. You can get made to order omelettes, yogurt, oatmeal, ets.

Lovely lobby/common area- free internet, computers provided in their little enclosed business center off the lobby.

This hotel is the CLEANEST I have ever seen. No matter what time of day or night we walked through the hotel, someone was cleaning. They wash the walls, the stairs, shine the little brass plaque outisde your room. We played a game last year and tried to go out at odd times to see if somone wan't mopping of wiping. Never won that one.

I could not recomend this property enough. There is a pool, but it's really just a dipping pool. Pretty, but small, not for laps. It didn't matter to us, we were in the water all day anyway. No gym either, but after diving all day, we'd never work out anyway.

Hope this helps. PS- I don't know if you are taking any kids. It probably wouldn't be the best for young children but our kids 15 and 16 LOVED it. Close enough that we could cut them loose and let them shop on the main drag and walk down to the square in total safety. A Burger King next door at Langosta Peir, and a Pizza hut and McDonalds a block away. Also, having a bunch of computers and internet access was a lifesaver in the downtime when we were off the boat and not kicking around San Miguel. We're heading back al together in three weeks. Can't wait!

Hope that helps!
Susan

Cheesehead- awesome photos- thanks!
What kind of camera were you using? I'm in the market and those were some gorgeous shots!

susan6868:
What kind of camera were you using?

Coolpix 8400 (Nikon) in an Ikelite housing with Ikelite strobes. Sadly the 8400 is out of production. I bought a second body on ebay for insurance. I haven't found anything new that fits me better for Cozumel drift diving.

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom