Anyone know of Divemaster internships in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now, an intership in Cozumel sounds like the perfect ticket!!! Good luck finding out. I don't know the answer to your question, but I can tell you that the diving in Cozumel, in my opinion, is far better than Cancun. I can't answer about Playa. Enjoy your chosen career. What a life!!!!!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/233724-suspended-course-director.html

I was going to go there and had a huge problem its old news to me now. I just know the Course Director switched to SSI and was suspended from PADI as was Dive Shop, he resigned from PADI and tried to partner up with another CD, but believe PADI is not allowing it. His website is still up and he may still be in business which sucks as he evidently is not honest about his work. Check out the thread above and see for yourself. Contact PADI also. I think there are lots of places other than them in Mexico.

Last summer I took Divemaster training course at Aqua Safari in Cozumel.Plase ask internship programs by e-mail.But Aqua safari is not providing IDC Part-2, OWSI(Open Water Scuba Instructor) program.So if you want to be an instructor, you had better find another diving shop.I ask Aldora divers for IDC-2, they said they can do it. So now I am wondering what to do.

If you are looking for the one "around the world" , some diving shop in Koh Tao, Thailand provide internship programe in English. Training in Koh Tao is very cheep and good season in summer. But too far from USA.

I hope this message helps you

Last edited:
Don't look at the diving, look at the training. DM is not about where you dive, but how you learn to take care of other divers. Not that much further away, so look at Roatan.

I've been looking at 4-8 week divemaster internship programs around the world. Anyone know of one in Cozumel. I saw one in Cancun, but I'm not sure I want to go there:
Dive College International, PADI IDC, Dive Master & Instructor Training, Scuba Internships, Instructor Development Course

How is the divingin Cancun and Carmen Del Playa vs Cozumel?
If you want to do your Dive Master I think the most important thing is the right click with the instructor who is training you + of course the safety and the quality of the facilities of the shop.

I am a master scuba diver trainer since 2,5 year. Most courses I give are Discover Scuba, Open Water, Advanced and Rescue.
I have not had the pleasure to find a good candidate to teach the Dive Master course. The reason why is that most candidates only have 7 to 10 days to do it.
I personally think that is a very short time to do this program. Most of the time I refer these candidates to other instructors who do not see it like that.

If you have the time, maybe it would be a great idea to talk about this by private message and we could figure something out.

Good luck with finding the right solution for you question!

Divemaster Internships are now available on the island of Cozumel, Mexico.

These internships are 4, 6 or 8 week programs and start on the 1st and 15th of every month and are a lot of fun. The diving in Cozumel is much better than the mainland. The education you will receive is excellent. Your instructor is a well seasoned instructor and Course Director with experience in teaching all levels in countries around the world, like Thailand, Mexico, Honduras, Viet Nam and Spain to name a few. Diving Cozumel's reefs will be invaluable to any Divemaster candidate not just for the diving experience but this program actually lets you work along side some of the best DM's in the business so you get to see what working as a real Divemaster is all about. They also go beyond the PADI minimum course requirements and teach you the business side of diving and much much more. The internship lets you experience the fun side of life as a Divemaster by letting you stay with other DMT's in a Mexican style, very nice, home during your internship so you get to have adventures on your days off and fun all the time with other candidates as well as the instructors teaching the course. Any level diver or non-diver is welcome to join the fun and attend an Internship. Contact the emails and web sites below and....... Let’s get wet!!

www.divemasterinternships.com or info@divemasterinternships.com

www.goprocozumel.com is the new address for the IDC on Cozumel with monthly IDC's and free accommodations plus much more.

Email mike@goprocozumel.com for all the info on the IDC in Cozumel.

Aldora Divers have DM intern programs going on a regular basis with another one starting in December. Aldora is a PADI 5 Star facility and have trained more than 100 DMs (most going on to Instructor) over the last two years.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom