Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
looked clean, well set up and DEAD! Have
any of you stayed there?

as in quiet, no activity....clean but no life.

It's totally focused on divers. Refrigerators in room, no phones, no TV, towels twice a day. Very clean, big showers with good plumbing, large rooms with beds of cement. Food is good but nothing special. All meals served around dive boat schedules. Dive op is exclusive for SCC. Larger slower boats but no more than 8 divers in water in a group. Reasonably liberal bottom times. Shore tank readily accessable. No coral on shore dive but a number of man-made features with plenty of life. The midnight & 5am shore dive were a different experience. You can also catch a taxi to cove about 1/2 mile south and drift back. Mostly grass but fair amount of life.

Dead? I'm not really sure. Once the sun set I was usually diving or sleeping. They had a party one night when I was there, but it was quite mild and short. Love it.

Just go to the Presidente.

I just got back from Cozumel this past Sunday. Our group stayed at the Brivasas (fromerly called the Costa Club)

This place too is scuba diver orientated. No carpets. Floor drains in the bathrooms. Large drying racks on the verandas. Big swiming pool complex with a jacuzzi in the middle. TV in the room, bed of cement(must be a Mexican custom.) Food was severed almost non-stop from 7 am to 10 pm.

There is a tunnel under the highway so that you walk to the beach house and boat dock/dive shop.

On our rest day we rented little jeeps and toured the east side of the island and the little beach bars. The hotel also had music/dancing shows and downtown had night clubs and plenty of shops.

All of hated to leave. We had a ball.

I spoke with a rep from Scuba Club at Beneath the Sea last weekend. We're really interested in going there. It's definitely not shut down. We stay at a small dive resort on the East End of Grand Cayman and when the boats are out, it looks pretty dead too because all the guests are out diving. Might this have been the case?

I've stayed there 3 times. The first time when it was still the Galapago Inn. Every time it has been great. A very dedicated dive resort. They have a pretty good RMD (room, meal, diving) deal. The Divemasters have been good. The food was very good and plenty for me. It also has some of the best shore diving in Cozumel right off the dock. You can find a Moray on most dives. I've stayed the last few years in Cozumel at a different Hotel. That is only due to my wife and friends like a little more pampering. You will have no TV, your matress is on a cement slab, no phone. But overall I loved the place. I wish they would add the fast, small boat like some dive opps. The boats they had were more like the cattle boats but again the Divemasters were great as were the conditions of the boats. Have fun:)

I stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel last September, just in time for Hurricane Isadore. The diving we did was great, and even though you're on a cattle boat, they broke you down into small enough groups that you weren't in huge mobs underwater. Groups of 8 aren't too bad. The DMs were really good. They even were willing to venture out into rough water with a bunch of water-starved hurricane-grumpy divers from Florida who just wanted to get wet on our next-to-last day there.

Shore diving was good. Plenty of life, even if it wasn't on corals. There is a resident octopus living under the dock, and plenty other life to keep you interested whenever you want to get wet.

The food was good, the rooms clean but not fancy (no TV... but you ARE on vacation). The staff was really awesome. Considering we spent days on end watching the Weather channel and waiting for the skies to clear, they took wonderful care of everyone despite the often-grumpy demeanor of the guests.

I intend to go back... had wanted to go this year, but it's not looking like the scheduling will come through for me.

J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom