CZM Airport Transfers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N Side Diver

Registered
Reaction score
Hello fellow Cozumel Divers. I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer: Can you still get Airport Transfers from the booth at the airport (after customs)? It's been a long while since I last flew into CZM and I'm not sure of the best way to get to the Park Royal. I'm assuming that taxis can still be found way out front but there are five of us travelling so I wanted to use a transfer van instead of splitting up into two or more taxis. Can anyone advise please? I'll be landing in Coz on January 24th, and it can't come sooner as far as I'm concerned.
Happy Diving :confused:

Yes, there is a window in the main lobby after customs where you can purchase transfers to take a shuttle van to your hotel and yes, if you feel like doing the bag drag the 50 yards or so to the entrance of the airport, you can pick up a regular cab, but chances are, although you MAY save a little time going to the airport entry, you won't save any money...get the transfers.

Have a great trip!

Hello fellow Cozumel Divers. I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer: Can you still get Airport Transfers from the booth at the airport (after customs)? It's been a long while since I last flew into CZM and I'm not sure of the best way to get to the Park Royal. I'm assuming that taxis can still be found way out front but there are five of us travelling so I wanted to use a transfer van instead of splitting up into two or more taxis. Can anyone advise please? I'll be landing in Coz on January 24th, and it can't come sooner as far as I'm concerned.
Happy Diving :confused:
All of the taxi's right outside the airport doors are full-size vans. Just let the handler's outside the door (after you've purchased the tickets inside) that you have 5ppl w/luggage and you want to travel in one van. It shouldn't be a problem since each van usually carries 8ppl anyway.

Thank you both. :)

although you MAY save a little time going to the airport entry, you won't save any money...get the transfers.

You can't be serious. We went through last August and were quoted $8 per person for the airport shuttle. We then walked out to the traffic circle and got a van size Taxi to El Cantil for $12 total. $48 for the shuttle or $12 for the taxi.....

-Charles

Once you pass through your RED Light/Green Light and go through the magic glass doors, take an IMMEDIATE right turn and head directly and somewhat diagonally to the shuttle van ticket booth which is ALL the Way at the end to the right hand outside wall. Be aware that you will be confronted with the time share people who will claim that they can take care of your shuttle van arrangements, or "Here, this is the booth your looking for" ...when it is not. :shakehead: If you do not wish to be snatched up then be prepared to run the gauntlet and ignore the onslaught. You will need to be very firm. Over the years, these folks have become VERY Aggressive. Once you get to the REAL ticket booth, purchase your tickets, then go outside to the waiting vans. There you will be asked where your group is going and be directed to the van. The get your own taxi outside of the airport is hit or miss. IF...and I emphasize IF there is a cab or cabs there then you are in luck. But, for the $8 - $10.00 it will cost for the shuttle, you may not want to take the chance of standing or having to walk for awhile until a cab comes along. Have a wonderful trip !!! Sue

What is the name on the booth? It's been a while!
Thanks again.

You can't be serious. We went through last August and were quoted $8 per person for the airport shuttle. We then walked out to the traffic circle and got a van size Taxi to El Cantil for $12 total. $48 for the shuttle or $12 for the taxi.....

-Charles

I agree and I don't think anyone could really believe the taxis out front cost as much as the shuttle vans in the airport (else there would be no reason to ban taxis from picking up at the airport) so I gotta believe she meant it's not much cheaper to buy shuttle tickets on site when you arrive there than it is to buy the shuttle tickets in advance from your travel agent. Even there it depends, Expedia wants about $5 more RT than actual cost.

The name on the shared shuttle van booth is (are you ready?) TAXIS!!........go figure.........the booths that Sue Sue is warning you about all say "Travel Advisory"...there are about six or more of them and ARE to be avoided as she said......some of those creeps will actually even grab your arm!....don't fall for it.......Betsy

I've also found that buy RT travel vouchers at the Airport or you travel agent present a unique problem in utilization as half the cab drivers don't want to take them, so I've skipped this bit and just hail a regular cab for departures.

Back
Top Bottom