Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CZM Airport Transfers

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 1,999

Question CZM Airport Transfers

Hello fellow Cozumel Divers. I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer: Can you still get Airport Transfers from the booth at the airport (after customs)? It's been a long while since I last flew into CZM and I'm not sure of the best way to get to the Park Royal. I'm assuming that taxis can still be found way out front but there are five of us travelling so I wanted to use a transfer van instead of splitting up into two or more taxis. Can anyone advise please? I'll be landing in Coz on January 24th, and it can't come sooner as far as I'm concerned.
    Happy Diving

Registered

Veteran diver

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Yes, there is a window in the main lobby after customs where you can purchase transfers to take a shuttle van to your hotel and yes, if you feel like doing the bag drag the 50 yards or so to the entrance of the airport, you can pick up a regular cab, but chances are, although you MAY save a little time going to the airport entry, you won't save any money...get the transfers.

Have a great trip!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by N Side Diver View Post
    Hello fellow Cozumel Divers. I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer: Can you still get Airport Transfers from the booth at the airport (after customs)? It's been a long while since I last flew into CZM and I'm not sure of the best way to get to the Park Royal. I'm assuming that taxis can still be found way out front but there are five of us travelling so I wanted to use a transfer van instead of splitting up into two or more taxis. Can anyone advise please? I'll be landing in Coz on January 24th, and it can't come sooner as far as I'm concerned.
    Happy Diving
    All of the taxi's right outside the airport doors are full-size vans. Just let the handler's outside the door (after you've purchased the tickets inside) that you have 5ppl w/luggage and you want to travel in one van. It shouldn't be a problem since each van usually carries 8ppl anyway.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 1,999

CZM Airport Transfers

Thank you both.
    And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky."So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1: 20-21

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    500 - 999
    although you MAY save a little time going to the airport entry, you won't save any money...get the transfers.
    You can't be serious. We went through last August and were quoted $8 per person for the airport shuttle. We then walked out to the traffic circle and got a van size Taxi to El Cantil for $12 total. $48 for the shuttle or $12 for the taxi.....

-Charles

Registered

Wherever you go there you are

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos

BEWARE of Time share salespeople

Once you pass through your RED Light/Green Light and go through the magic glass doors, take an IMMEDIATE right turn and head directly and somewhat diagonally to the shuttle van ticket booth which is ALL the Way at the end to the right hand outside wall. Be aware that you will be confronted with the time share people who will claim that they can take care of your shuttle van arrangements, or "Here, this is the booth your looking for" ...when it is not. If you do not wish to be snatched up then be prepared to run the gauntlet and ignore the onslaught. You will need to be very firm. Over the years, these folks have become VERY Aggressive. Once you get to the REAL ticket booth, purchase your tickets, then go outside to the waiting vans. There you will be asked where your group is going and be directed to the van. The get your own taxi outside of the airport is hit or miss. IF...and I emphasize IF there is a cab or cabs there then you are in luck. But, for the $8 - $10.00 it will cost for the shuttle, you may not want to take the chance of standing or having to walk for awhile until a cab comes along. Have a wonderful trip !!! Sue
    When life has you caught in the rain....go diving !!! Sue Sue :scubadive

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 1,999
    What is the name on the booth? It's been a while!
    Thanks again.
    And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky."So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1: 20-21

Divemaster
    Badge

is ready to dive.

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesml3 View Post
    You can't be serious. We went through last August and were quoted $8 per person for the airport shuttle. We then walked out to the traffic circle and got a van size Taxi to El Cantil for $12 total. $48 for the shuttle or $12 for the taxi.....

-Charles
    I agree and I don't think anyone could really believe the taxis out front cost as much as the shuttle vans in the airport (else there would be no reason to ban taxis from picking up at the airport) so I gotta believe she meant it's not much cheaper to buy shuttle tickets on site when you arrive there than it is to buy the shuttle tickets in advance from your travel agent. Even there it depends, Expedia wants about $5 more RT than actual cost.
    The water's more exciting with CHUM in it.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

The name on the shared shuttle van booth is (are you ready?) TAXIS!!........go figure.........the booths that Sue Sue is warning you about all say "Travel Advisory"...there are about six or more of them and ARE to be avoided as she said......some of those creeps will actually even grab your arm!....don't fall for it.......Betsy

Registered

here and there

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    I've also found that buy RT travel vouchers at the Airport or you travel agent present a unique problem in utilization as half the cab drivers don't want to take them, so I've skipped this bit and just hail a regular cab for departures.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast