Second batch of pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akbpilot

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a few more pics from the trip

I saw one of these each time I went to Parardise. I'd never seen one before.

IMG_0458_Cozumel_-_Paradise_-_27-02-09_rsz.jpg

Green Razorfish - Parardise

I'd been taking pics of the porcupinefish in the background when this grouper swam under me. It gave me a nice pose.

IMG_0474_Cozumel_-_Paradise_-_27-02-09_rsz.jpg

Grouper - Paradise

These are Jeanne's favorite fish. This one was lit up as blue as could be.

IMG_0479_Cozumel_-_Paradise_-_27-02-09_rsz.jpg

Honeycomb Cowfish - Paradise

Thes have to be one of my favorite fish. I have not yet got a pic of one all spread out.

IMG_0489_Cozumel_-_Paradise_-_27-02-09_rsz.jpg

Scrawled Filefish - Paradise

Columbia Shallow is just like diving in a saltwater aquarium. One of our favorite sites.

IMG_0510_Cozumel_-_Columbia_Shallow_-_28-02-09_rsz.jpg

Jeanne hunting critters - Columbia Shallow

This was one of a pair of Rays that were hunting together. They would leapfrog along.

IMG_0554_Cozumel_-_Columbia_Shallow_-_28-02-09_rsz.jpg

Southern Sting Ray - Columbia Shallow

This is one of my favorite pics of the trip.

IMG_0636_Cozumel_-_Villablanca_Reef_-_03-03-09_rsz.jpg

French Angelfish Juvi - Villablanca Reef

I've not seen many of these before, more of the blue-head. A couple of seconds before I took this pic it was hiding in a sponge like the one in the background.

IMG_0633_Cozumel_-_Villablanca_Reef_-_03-03-09_rsz.jpg

Yellow-headed Wrasse - Villablanca Reef

Interesting, I have never seen a green razor fish in my 5 trips to Cozumel.
Very neat. Thanks for posting these pics :D

Interesting photos, and thank you for the identifications!

You're welcome.

Thanks for your take on the rareity. No one else I have shown the picture to had seen one either. Like I said, I'd never seen one before but thought maybe I had just blown them off as "another little fish". This being my first trip with a camera, I was looking for willing subjects and trying some macro. I figured maybe I was just looking harder.

Interesting photos, and thank you for the identifications!

You're welcome.

I'm doing the best I can on the ID (Humann's Reef Set), but have some doubts on a couple in my album as well as one in my other set of pics. I may have the IDs' right but am looking at a color or marking variation.

I'm going to work a bit on-line and see if I can nail the last few down. If not, I'll post over on the marine life forum. They were helpful in a question I had earlier.

Maybe it's a seasonal thing. I've seen them before, but I'm always there in May.

Nice pics!!

Love your Juvie French Angel!!

I have never seen a green razorfish.

Thanks for sharing.

PH

I saw one on each of two trips to Paradise. I can't remember where one was located, but this one was definately right where the little blossom-like plants (where you hunt for seahorses) end, just before you swing over to the reef to finish up. It might have been the same one twice.

Maybe it's a seasonal thing. I've seen them before, but I'm always there in May.

It could be seasonal. We are always down at the end of February - first part of March.

Nice pics!!

Love your Juvie French Angel!!

Yeah, that's one of my favorite pics. Most of the others I saw would swim back into a crack right away and hide, but this one would come back out to the edge and look at me. Defiant little guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom