Wi-Fi or otherwise Internet access?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know this must have been discussed here before, but I don't seem to find anything on it. Sooo, here goes. I will be down to Coz shortly, and this time my daughter and her intended (non-divers :shakehead:) will be accompanying us, and we will share a rented house. Now, those two cannot survive without their internet access, and I was wondering what people recommend for addicts like this. At least one laptop is going down, and I don't know whatall else, as I am something of a throwback and am not into messaging, etc.:idk: I know there are places where one can indulge onesself in this manner, and keep up with Email, etc. etc. Anyone have any recommendations on where to go for this stuff? We will be up on the north side, near the hospital. Any advice will be appreciated, and I thank you on my daughter's behalf. Woody

I don't know about the northside...However, WiFi can be found at Starbucks, Rock n Java and CoffeeBean in town. I bet there are others...

I saw a lot of people sitting around at Langosta Mall near the street area using laptops so strongly suspect WiFi there.

if nothing else, there are several internet places scattered around town. We usually check our e-mails at the one by Hotel Baracuda.

Have you checked with the people you are renting the house from to see if they have some sort of internet connection at the house?

If they are thinking about text messaging while on the island, have them check with thier cell phone provider and see if Mexico is on thier plan. If they have at&t (the old cingular or now I think they are going to be called Mobility), they can add the Mexico plan to thier service for a month for around $5 and have it taken off when they get home.

I know this must have been discussed here before, but I don't seem to find anything on it. Sooo, here goes. I will be down to Coz shortly, and this time my daughter and her intended (non-divers :shakehead:) will be accompanying us, and we will share a rented house. Now, those two cannot survive without their internet access, and I was wondering what people recommend for addicts like this. At least one laptop is going down, and I don't know whatall else, as I am something of a throwback and am not into messaging, etc.:idk: I know there are places where one can indulge onesself in this manner, and keep up with Email, etc. etc. Anyone have any recommendations on where to go for this stuff? We will be up on the north side, near the hospital. Any advice will be appreciated, and I thank you on my daughter's behalf. Woody

Does the house have internet? If it does, then for wi-fi, you just need to make sure that your laptop (or other device) has a built in wireless card and you should be able to pick up the signal from the house...or...if the house doesn't have a computer, they may have internet access if you have your laptop. In that case, they will probably supply an ethernet cord.

Christi has good advice. Check with the contacts you have for the house rental to inquire about internet access. Even if they do not supply it, they should have a good idea who/where closest to your rental should be. I understand the need to have "connectivity" wherever you travel....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom