Shore Diving Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are leaving next week for the Wyndham Hotel in Cozumel and are getting conflicting information concerning the possibility of shore diving and snorkeling. Anyone been there that could give us reliable info on the subject.

Dont even bother going. Just stay in Ohio and give your kick-ass son the money you are going to spend on your trip. No-one wants you in Mexico anyway so stay out.

Dont even bother going. Just stay in Ohio and give your kick-ass son the money you are going to spend on your trip. No-one wants you in Mexico anyway so stay out.

I'm sure he'll bring you back a tee shirt!:rofl3:

If you're not selling a trip, then you posted in the wrong sub-forum. I'll ask a Mod to move it to the general info Coz forum.

But Coz is not really a shore diving location. Some do dive around Scuba Club, Blue Angel, Villa Blanca, but not Wyndham I don't think.

Lots of places to get good deals on T-shirts, BTW. :D

Talking to yourself again? :D

Good shore diving can be had in Cozumel that is far better than diving White Star or Gilboa there in Ohio. I just don't know if it's any good at Wynhdam. I can only vouch for the shore dive between the Money Bar and Fiesta Americana as being worthwhile although, Don points out a few good spots as well.

If you cant find a good t-shirt to bring back to your son, I'm sure a good ole' attitude adjustment or knuckle sandwich will suffice. :D

We are leaving next week for the Wyndham Hotel in Cozumel and are getting conflicting information concerning the possibility of shore diving and snorkeling. Anyone been there that could give us reliable info on the subject.

I realize that this poster is probably in Cozumel as we speak - but for future reference for others that may want to know:

There is no shore diving at the Wyndam.
  • No one to rent you tanks - Sand Dollar won't for safety, liability, and MP regs
  • There is too much boat traffic
  • Currents can be strong and entry and exit points are tough due to heavy ironshore
  • it's within marine park boundaries so a guide would be required
  • there's literally nothing to see but sand - too far/dangerous to swim out to the closest reef from shore here

I know it's far from the Wyndam, but if you have a car, drive toward town and dive Villa Blanca. You can rent tanks from Dive Paradise on site (if they can find any full ones :shakehead:).

We did a couple of night dives there and saw plenty of stuff (snake eel, morays, octos, scorpion fish etc., etc.)

Watch the current though -- it would be easy to get carried away if you're not paying attention.

Jon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom