Anyone going to Cozumel in the next few months?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fryfrog

Registered
Reaction score
Me and my girlfriend went diving there for a week with her instructors. We had tons of fun, and they recommended a map of the island with all the dive locations on it from the Maritime Museam downtown. Well, we went there and opened up one of them and liked it... looked around a little more (after putting the map back where it came from). We decided that was the only thing we liked so I went back and grabbed the brown cardboard tube and we went back to Atlanta...

Skip to present day, we goto the local crafts store for a frame. We plan on printing some 8x10s of the pictures we took and the map. Making some cute little wall thing. We open the map and find... OH MY GOD WE GOT THE AZTEC RUINS POSTER ON ACCIDENT! It was about $15 (we didn't haggle, how do you know when you should or not...?).

If anyone is going, I would be very happy to paypal you ~$20 to pick us up the RIGHT map and mail it to us when you return :)

Thought you might get more responses if your post appeared in the Mexico travel forum, so I took the liberty of moving it here.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Thanks, I looked around but did not see this forum :)

Does the poster say "Isla de Cozumel" and have photos and names of different fish up and down either side of the island? If so, I have that poster. It does have dive sites on it too. I bought it...oh about 9 years ago when I first went to Coz. It is framed and leaning up against the wall in my den because I have no place to put it. I would be happy to send it to you if it is the one you want - I think it should go to good use. I would just have to find the right size mailing tube & get your address :)

sapphire

My wife and I are going to Cancun/Cozmel on the 18th.... Like the previous post.. Let me know if I can help.

Devil, since you appear to be going the soonest maybe we could arrange for you to get it. If you can't find it for some reason, then perhaps SeaOtter can find it :)

It is what I would describe as "old fashioned". The museaum had some full color maps as well, but the one we want is kind of shades of tan. My girlfriend is going to take a picture of the poster (and the tube) that we got. They look very similar, but one is of the island of cozumel with the dive sites and the other is of the mayan empire :)

How would you like to get the money? Before/after, paypal, mail? Since you leave in ... 2 days I'm guessing that either paypal before or something else after would work out the easiest. I'll PM you this too just in case :)

here is what it kind of looks like, keeping in mind that this is the stupid mayan ruins one that we got :)

Picture 1 Picture 2

*edit: aparantly the [ img ] tags don't work in this forum, otherwise i'd have put thumbnails :)

A few of us are going down in early July. If you don't get the maps send me a PM and I'll see if I can find it. If anyone else is going down around the 10th send a pm, maybe we can get some dives together.

saw the pics we are packing all of the bags right now...

We (Doder and I) will try to find it!

Mail it to you in a couple of weeks hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom