Wearing BCD on aircraft.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fatterboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are going to Cozumel and wondered if we could wear BCD's on the airplane. TSA says they are fine with it as long as the knives etc are not in/on them. So watch what's in the pockets!

would that be to save room, and weight, in the suitcase.

I would think it would be a bit uncomfortable, but then have never tried it.

We are going to Cozumel and wondered if we could wear BCD's on the airplane. TSA says they are fine with it as long as the knives etc are not in/on them. So watch what's in the pockets!

thats a new one

I know everyone has joked about it, with all the luggage restrictions these days, but haven't actually heard about anyone trying it yet. I'd think you'd get more than the once over trying to get through security...

It's OK, I've seen people arrive at the airport wearing them. Good motivation for fellow passengers to start conversations with you...

It's OK, I've seen people arrive at the airport wearing them. Good motivation for fellow passengers to start conversations with you...

It ranks right up there with a vest full of PADI patches as a fashion statement.

If you're going to wear the BCD, I think it's only appropriate to wear your fins too.

I know someone who was coming back from a Pacific destination where they weigh your carryon. She was told her's was over the limit and she would have to pay $$. She took out her mask and snorkel and put them on. After she got through customs and got on plane, she put them back in her carryon.

so if you wear the BC on the plane, what are you going to do with it on the plane? You can't sit in your seat with it on, so are you going to shove it in the overhead compartment?

robin:D

Could you not carry on your regulators and computers, etc. instead? Otherwise you may appear to be preparing for an in water crash landing...

Could you not carry on your regulators and computers, etc. instead? Otherwise you may appear to be preparing for an in water crash landing...

That was my initial thought :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom