Christmas holidays 2010 in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquabear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hola fellow SBer’s thanks all for the posts and fish! Hhgttg!

Well as stated going to Coz in Dec 2010 I hope to catch a drink and hey maybe a dive with any SBer’s going. Send me a PM. If I get to Coz on 12/24 does or will any dive boats run on 12/24 or 12/25? Or am I just whistling Dixie and shore diving? Which is probably just AMAZING compared to shore diving Long Island! :wink:

My wife only has so much dive in her so about 60% of my dives will be with another buddy so anyone who’ll be there I game to hang out, grab some tequila:D under the sea an maybe spot Sebastian! I hope to get 3 to 4 dives a day for 3 days

Does ferry run to Coz on 12/24 "Christmas eve" but does anyone know???

Thanks,
Viva Cozumel babe yeahhhh!!!!

Boats run as per normal on the 24th but understandably, everyone is anxious to get home to their families as soon as possible. Diving is very restricted Christmas Day as most people want to spend it with their kids. Some places do send out a boat (I know Blue Angel used to but the fees were hiked up a bit. Same applies New Years Day. As for the ferry, I am certain it runs Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I've flown into Cancun Christmas Day and had no problems with bus or ferry.

From our experience, the Christmas celebration starts late in the evening of the 24th with large family dinners and goes late into the night. Diving on the morning of the 24th, not a problem. We never dive on the 25th, even if the operation is operating. I really don't want to go out with a boat captain or dive master who stayed up way too late and had too much fun the evening before.

Wife and I will be in Coz staying at the Fiesta Americana Dec 20-27. She will dive very little, so I'm on my own. Would love a fellow scubaboarder to dive with!

I spent last Christmas in Cozumel. Most dive ops were closed on Christmas Day however I do remember a few that went out although I dont remember which. Most definitely run on the 2th.

Three years ago we were in Coz over the holidays. We did a night dive Christmas Eve with Advanced Divers and also dove Christmas Day. They are simply the best dive operator we have ever used (anywhere, ever).

Hey thanks for the referral. I figure I'll dive as much I can before and after then for Xmas day I"ll take a break and spend the day with the wife - part of her xmas gift! But it sounds kinda cool actually diving on christmas day
Advanced Divers- do they have a web site, any personal referrals or write ups on here from your dive trips with them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom