Airfares to COz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCDivenut

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay.. everyone here is complaining about airfare to COz being more expensive from Texas... I am coming from DC and the cheapest airfare I can find is $750 or so. IAH is $450 (all on major carriers) I have checked flights out of Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte and all 3 DC airports and they are all more expensive. Am I missing something?

Check with Worry Free Vacations, Apple Vacations, Scuba Travel, Fun-Jet. They all have decent fares. Sometimes you can get decent fares through Continental as well but not this time of year as we are approaching high season.

we're complaining about airfare from TX being more expensive than from certain destinations, like Denver and Canada, not in general. Airfare to Coz USED to be really cheap from TX and I guess we got spoiled because now we're lucky if we can get anything under $400 RT from TX. Yes they advertise cheap airfares but you have to add $100-150 onto that for fees, taxes, etc, and the fees keep going up!

However from Denver, Canada and certain other destinations, they have started running great specials for hotel and air. So, we were speculating that they are doing this to entice travellers from farther away--they know we TX wackos will go anyway since we're so close to Coz! :)

You win the price war so far, but you're not alone--I have a friend in San Fran flying Continental to Coz in Jan and she's paying almost $700 RT. So don't feel bad...just move! ha ha :)

DCDivenut once bubbled...
Okay.. everyone here is complaining about airfare to COz being more expensive from Texas... I am coming from DC and the cheapest airfare I can find is $750 or so. IAH is $450 (all on major carriers) I have checked flights out of Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte and all 3 DC airports and they are all more expensive. Am I missing something?

You're right! AUS<=>CZM is $455.19 on Continental right now (for dates Nov 15-22, chosen at ramdom)! That is by far the cheapest I have seen it in about 5 years (in May 2001 it was nearly 3X that price). There must be a big sale going on right now; jump on it!

I wish I could... <heavy sigh>

Round trip from Houston with seven day stay in December was 384.41 per person. We booked thia about two weeks ago on Continental.

We will be at Brisas Dec 6-13th

DCDivenut once bubbled...

Doesn't seem a bad price actually. Am travelling from PHX<>IAH<>COZ over Thanksgiving (21-29 Nov) and paying US$618/pp+US$80/pp(fees). 700 a person over Thanksgiving seems cheap, since 2 years ago Belize cost me about US$1200/pp over Christmas/New Years.

From Vancouver in BC the charter companies don’t fly into Coz, but there are 6-8 flights a week to Cancun. The full price is $750 Cn about $550 US, but in Oct and Feb with short notice it can drop to $300 Cn or about $230 US. I saw a flight ad for $335 in the paper last week end. Of course going to Coz involves the van and ferry but after doing it many times it’s an easy trip.

A couple of weeks ago, American Airlines offered a last-minute round trip (JFK-Cancun) of $189, which worked out to $270 or so with taxes. If you're flexible, these kinds of fares (called NetSAAvers by AA) can be a real boon.

As for me, I depart for Cozumel this Sunday using my precious frequent flyer miles. With taxes, it comes to $48. :D

Back
Top Bottom