Anyone Heard about a diver accident today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BaileyM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I heard that a diver came up short of breath and was rushed to shore while the rest of the divers on the boat were still diving. Anyone know about this and how the diver is? I have friends diving there right now and they heard about it at Caleta. Any news would be helpful, thanks!

According to today's Por Esto (using my personal filter as applies to Por Esto reports), a man became ill while diving on Saturday morning and was rushed to shore for ambulance transport to an appropriate medical facility. Sadly, the man died aboard the dive boat. An autopsy will be performed.

So sad.

Please let us know if it is considered medical or diving related?

According to a well respected member of the Cozumel Medical community, the person who died was an ex pat living in the Corpus Christi area. From the same source, the victim had a known heart condition and had been warned not to dive. The cause of death was a heart attack.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Natural causes making it a bad day for the rest of the people on teh boat then - if all the info is correct anyways..

According to a well respected member of the Cozumel Medical community, the person who died was an ex pat living in the Corpus Christi area. From the same source, the victim had a known heart condition and had been warned not to dive. The cause of death was a heart attack.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Someone we know, maybe?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom