Diver missing today? 03/28/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It hadn't -- his is two minutes newer than yours. :wink:

Is Santa Rosa wall like I described?

Santa Rosa I think of for it's dramatic swim thrus (and sometimes dramatic currents)

I was down there in 03 or 04 and a diver disappeared on Santa Rosa, never found a body.....

We dove Santa Rosa Wall this morning. Great viz and very little current. Beautiful dive.

Haven't heard anything about a missing diver.

A female diver has been missing since 10 am. She was a cruise ship passenger. Not sure which dive site.

Yes, female passener from one of the cruise ships is what I heard from our DM while we were still on the water. She was on the first dive (I heard around 8:30-9:00 AM) and was on Santa Rosa wall. Got blown away or down by one of the bad currents we have been experiencing. As far as I know, not found. I saw the helicopter heading back from searching late yesterday afternoon.

Edit: The PorEsto article is out:www.poresto.net/ver_nota.php…

They do say 10:00 AM and suggest she was actually "lost" after surfacing rather than a current situation while diving.

Yes, female passener from one of the cruise ships is what I heard from our DM while we were still on the water. She was on the first dive (I heard around 8:30-9:00 AM) and was on Santa Rosa wall. Got blown away or down by one of the bad currents we have been experiencing. As far as I know, not found. I saw the helicopter heading back from searching late yesterday afternoon.

I think we were the first divers down on Santa Rosa wall yesterday (8:20 according to my computer) and we were down 52 minutes. The current was normal......VERY slow compared to most other dives this week.

Things must have changed very quickly. I hope they find her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom