Feedback on the Presidente/Scuba Du please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cuddlefish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Interested in any feedback from those who have stayed at the Presidente. I'm looking at this resort in particular because the people I am going with really want to stay here. Any advice would be appreciated! Mahalo, Cuddlefish

Interested in any feedback from those who have stayed at the Presidente. I'm looking at this resort in particular because the people I am going with really want to stay here. Any advice would be appreciated! Mahalo, Cuddlefish

You get what you pay for.

What would you like to know?

In case you are unaware, you are not obligated to use the in-house dive op if you otherwise have a preference. Just have them pick you up at Presidente.

Presidente is outside of my normal price range. If someone forced me to go to Cozumel to help with reducing diver deaths and missing divers...and they paid for my stay at the Presidente, I would smile with anticipation of staying there.

Last edited:
Yep - we have Aldora picking us up for our first dive tomorrow at the hotel pier at 0745. Can't wait!

In case you are unaware, you are not obligated to use the in-house dive op if you otherwise have a preference. Just have them pick you up at Presidente.

I wouldn't use Scuba-Du, that way you'll never realize what a first class dive OP is like.
Then you'll never know what you missed, and you can settle for pretty much any OP on the island.:wink:

We always used to stay at the Presidente, but their price hikes and our need to get multiple rooms as our son got older led us to just go ahead and buy a house on the island.

If price is not an issue, it would be my first choice of hotel. I particularly like the location, including the fact that it's at Paradise reef and I've seen some really nice stuff snorkeling right at the hotel.

I've never dived with Scuba Du. As others note, there are several highly-regarded boutique operators who will pick you up at the Presidente pier and we've always used one of them.

It used to be a very good idea to join the Intercontinental Hotel group's Ambassador Club. It seemed expensive at first glance, but you got a free night that in itself was worth significantly more than the membership (as long as you used it someplace like the Presidente and not a Holiday Inn) and free guaranteed room upgrades. Since we no longer stay at any hotel on the island, I don't know if that deal still exists. However, at our first stay, we got a lovely oceanfront suite for the price of their cheapest room, and one of our nights was free.

Antonio runs the shop for Scuba Du at the Presidente and he is a stand up guy from my dealings with him. I think they run a first class op and if I was staying there I would use them. If they sucked or had issues, the Presidente would boot them in a second.......top hotel has a top op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom