Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
A hurricane on the Pacific side is nothing to worry about here - look at the map people! We MAY get some rain from it - but right now as of 10:44 am, it's hot and sunny. Yes there are some clouds and we'll probably get some showers at some point today, on some part(s) of the island - maybe even a little thunderstorm - but it's no big deal!
If you were going to plan your trip around the weather forecast, then hang up ever planning a trip to the tropics! Seriously - there is ALWAYS a forecast of rain.
If your trip is in less than a week and there is a NAMED HURRICANE heading straight for us, then start considering making alternate plans - but also don't make any premature decisions. Even with hurricanes, you'll be able to cancel literally at the last minute with no penalties from airlines, hotels and service providers in the target area. Canceling prematurely, you will most likely face penalties.
Get trip insurance for this time of year to be at peace!
Airlines often relax their rescheduling restrictions in the face of a hurricane. Just note that they may not make that option available until perhaps two days (plus or minus) prior to projected landfall.
Original Travel Dates:
June 15, 2012 – June 18, 2012
Final Travel must be completed by:
End of Validity of ticket (one year from date of issue)
When rescheduled travel commences by June 18, 2012, change fees and fare differences will be waived.
For all other dates and ticket uses, the change fee will be waived, but a difference in fare may apply.
Refunds are permitted for processing to the original form of payment and must be requested from United Airlines. Go to www.united.com/refunds and submit the refund form.
Policies also apply to consolidator, internet tickets, and Mileage Plus® award tickets.
That does help, but the hurricane has been named and expected to hit there since the 13th, yet their announcement was no good for the travelers arriving on the 14th - and it looks like it's going to sit on Acapulco all weekend. I would have wanted to cancel for any arrival since it was forecast to make cat-1 and hit there. Trip insurance is a good backup, altho most do require the storm to be named and expected to hit the location.
I bet people were arriving yesterday saying "What hurricane...?"
True, but your info shows it covers Original Travel Dates:
June 15, 2012 – June 18, 2012
So the tourist arriving on the 14th had no help. Arrive and sit thru the hurricane or take the penalty for changing.
Yeah, but it was named and headed there a couple of days ago, as predicted days earlier. They could have made the free changes effective the day it was named. Travel is always an adventure, sometimes more so - got lots of stories, but knowingly arriving in advance of a hurricane is not one I want to repeat...
I'm not worried a little rain. But like DandyDon I don't want to arrive before a hurricane. I'm encouraged that carlotta appears to be staying on the west coast. However, forecasters here are discussing a possible turn. Rain, no problem. Driving gale force winds, kinda a problem. Here's keeping fingered crossed.